Sunbeam S7

Like this................

At 8000 feet in Switzerland last week, over 1800 miles round trip

Looks like you had a fantastic trip nick, 1800 miles :bow Must have blown the cobwebs out the old girl :beerjug:

I fell over this yesterday (sat 21st).
Tucked away in a small showroom in the sticks that sells cars.
Showroom was closed. Giving them a call on monday.

10htw11.jpg

2v357xj.jpg

If thats the showroom in Gomshall,Surrey,it's been sitting in that window for at least the last 5 years.Possibly more.

I have had a few over the years, enjoyable but the 500 ohc twin engine does not make Harley style power (grunt!), more like an in-line Speed Twin with Harley weight. A number have been 'enhanced' with VW beetle or in-line car engines (Fiat and others).
Get one and enjoy it as a soft machine for bumbling along quiet roads.

Nice picture, apparently these two were legends in New Zealand.

max and rastus.jpg

That looks so "right". What a beauty. :clap

Stunning!

There must a group of lads in east lancs with Sunbeams as they turn up at Rivington barn. The main difference is they are there in jan and feb when all the sports bike boys are tucked up on a garage suckling on an Optimate.
Steve

Oh that is lovely!!!

There was a lab technician who had one exactly like this when I was in Comprehensive school back in to 60's I always wanted one!

Sorry ,I sold it to a guy who collected vintage cars, he heard about it thro a friend, badgered me into selling it to him, he wanted it for his collection ,but was going to learn to ride on it,

He never did, it was left in his garage for a number of years unused, I saw it about 5 years later, it had a petrol tap leak, and the silencer was rusted thro,the alloy parts were a mess, it looked in a sorry state, he asked me to get it going for him ,but I declined.

I don't have any close up shots, they were left on my computer when it crashed, :nenau That's the problem when you don't get pictures printed,

I bought all the parts i needed for the bike rebuild from Stewarts Eng, they were great people to deal with,

Cheers, Graham

Sorry ,I sold it to a guy who collected vintage cars, he heard about it thro a friend, badgered me into selling it to him, he wanted it for his collection ,but was going to learn to ride on it,

He never did, it was left in his garage for a number of years unused, I saw it about 5 years later, it had a petrol tap leak, and the silencer was rusted thro,the alloy parts were a mess, it looked in a sorry state, he asked me to get it going for him ,but I declined.

What a shame such a beautiful machine, that was bestowed with so much expert time and effort, fell into the hands of such a complete twat. I guess shit just happens sometimes. :(

I don't have any close up shots, they were left on my computer when it crashed, :nenau That's the problem when you don't get pictures printed,

I bought all the parts i needed for the bike rebuild from Stewarts Eng, they were great people to deal with,

Cheers, Graham

That reminds me, I must back up my pictures on the external hard drive again. I keep meaning to print a load off into an album; I will get around to it one day :D

Stewarts Eng are excellent. :thumb2

That reminds me, I must back up my pictures on the external hard drive again. I keep meaning to print a load off into an album; I will get around to it one day

Backup online - Flickr gives you 1TB of FREE online storage for photos - I use a program called PhotoSync and drag whole folders into Flickr.

Sorry for the sidejack - love the Sunbeams, used to ride past Stewart Engineering in Putney (?) when I were a lad....Dave Degans' place was nearby IIRC (it was 34 years ago though).

Back
Top Bottom