Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Motorcycling camping weekend Friday 28th and Saturday 29th June 2013

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just seen this one.

I might bring the Hymer with a couple of old airheads on the trailer behind. Could be good to bring PinkLady the R80 along with PinkLady the wife.

We were in Bude yesterday and its lovely but it does get a bit busy in the summer. Some great scenic roads that can be enjoyed at 50mph.

Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Just seen this one.

I might bring the Hymer with a couple of old airheads on the trailer behind. Could be good to bring PinkLady the R80 along with PinkLady the wife.

We were in Bude yesterday and its lovely but it does get a bit busy in the summer. Some great scenic roads that can be enjoyed at 50mph.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Interested
    All three added to the interested list

I'd be interested in the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by PW Cymru View Post
    I'd be interested in the weekend
    You can probably see the camp site across the Bristol channel on a clear day
    Added

A couple of outriggers and a prop, I'd be there in no time

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It's a shame they scrapped the hovercraft service from Barry Island to Minehead.
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

Interested

Hi

Please put me down for interested, been on this site a few years but never been to any events.

Its a new years resolution to do different things !!

Regards

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyrascal View Post
    Hi

Please put me down for interested, been on this site a few years but never been to any events.

Its a new years resolution to do different things !!

Regards

Mike
    I have added your name Mike, it would be good if you can make it

I have had a good look around the site and it is superb. Great views over the countryside to the sea. A footpath travels down to the sea if anyone likes walks.

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  38.0 KB

We will have our own designated camping/caravanning area with great modern facilities.

Name:  041.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  58.9 KB

There are play areas on site if anyone wants to bring family along and we have access to Bars, restaurant (including takeaways) and also use of a pool in Penstowe Manor alongside the campsite for anyone interested.

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  66.0 KB

The toilets and showers are modern and clean alongside the camping area.

Just need some sunshine now
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Well as I live in west Cornwall am interested as just love camping having fun and being with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by tallgirl View Post
    Well as I live in west Cornwall am interested as just love camping having fun and being with friends.
    Not far for you to travel. Added to the list

GSER Fish & Chips

I have a Fish and Chip shop in Mawgan Porth just North of Newquay and about 43 miles from the campsite. Would be thrilled to welcome GSER to drop in from the rally.
    We are located on the sea front in a beautiful bay, next door to a pub so great fish and chips and excellent beer to wash it down, and huge car park to park up in. Be great to see you guys if you can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    I have a Fish and Chip shop in Mawgan Porth just North of Newquay and about 43 miles from the campsite. Would be thrilled to welcome GSER to drop in from the rally.
    We are located on the sea front in a beautiful bay, next door to a pub so great fish and chips and excellent beer to wash it down, and huge car park to park up in. Be great to see you guys if you can make it.
    The ride outs aren't sorted yet so calling in might be an option if we end up down your way JMG.

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Booking made today. The prices are much lower than what I expected for this time of the year. Mind you, there is an additional discount of £5.00 on top of the one Devon has kindly negotiated if you book and pay well in advance. More beer money say I.
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

By coincidence, it seems a small Vintage Car Club (a group of about 12-ish) have also booked into the campsite for the same weekend. They are nothing to do with our Classic event but it will probably add to the atmosphere of the weekend

I am starting to sort out the ride out.

The local Holsworthy Vintage rally is taking place the same weekend and I have arranged to arrive at the Vintage Rally about 2.30pm and park our bikes in the M/C section so people can then leave their machine on display and wander around the show for a couple of hours before heading back to the campsite about 10 miles away for Saturday evening.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holsw...=photos_stream

It's a nice little show but there are plenty of other places to visit for anyone not interested in old cars, steam engines, country crafts etc

Name:  hvr2.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  96.0 KB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast