Classic Motorcycling camping weekend Friday 28th and Saturday 29th June 2013

Devon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Classic Motorcycling camping weekend Friday 28th and Saturday 29th June 2013?

The idea is to turn up on the Friday (or Saturday) and have a beer and a chinwag in the evening, then sort out a couple of decent ride outs on the Saturday: one local ride suitable for older or slower classics and one for faster bikes which will cover more miles and see more of the area. You can join which ride out you want regardless of what you are riding. The weekend is also for people who haven’t got a Classic but are still enthusiasts of old M/Cs (or just camping and beer). Anyone not interested in a group ride out can do their own thing as there is a lot of great stuff to see or do locally

Food and drinks are available close to the campsite. I don’t intend to provide any food but I will bring a gas BBQ and equipment so people can buy what they want and cook it themselves, I can sort an additional BBQ as well depending on how many people are interested.

It’s a cracking campsite situated on the edge of Kilkhampton in north Cornwall. The owners are offering a very reasonable 20% discount for anyone coming along: http://www.pentirehaven.co.uk/ To get the 20% discount you will need to quote the code CBR13 when booking. I haven’t given much consideration to numbers but if there is low interest from here, I will invite people from other forums and clubs that I am involved in to hopefully get a reasonable size crowd rather than just me and BarryG sat outside our tents on our lonesome drinking beer and throwing sticks for Barry's dog, Dolly the Dalmation.

What do You Reckon, any other ideas or suggestions for the weekend?

The campsite is modern and well equipped with plenty of room no matter how many turn up or how big their tent is :D

006.jpg

Sounds like a great excuse to buy another classic bike :D

I'm up for it:thumb2

I'd be very interested in that, although would like a local B&B, hotel which I'm sure will exist not too far away.

I'd be very interested in that, although would like a local B&B, hotel which I'm sure will exist not too far away.

There are B&Bs in Kilkhampton and plenty of accomodation available in Bude :thumb2

There are B&Bs in Kilkhampton and plenty of accomodation available in Bude :thumb2

Very good, thank you.
It will go on the calendar once Santa has been.
Saturday ride for me as well please.
And is it too early to start looking at the weather forecast ?

And is it too early to start looking at the weather forecast ?

It should be wall to wall sunshine but being Cornwall anything can happen. Passports shouldn't be required if you come through north Devon along the Atlantic Highway as the Cornish seem to have forgotten they have a border there :D

Only drawback (apart from it being in Drekkly-land) is that some "classics" might not have much camping gear carrying capacity. ;)

what is the classic criteria

For this weekend I would say anything over 15 years old will do but the weekend is for people who like Classics but ride newer stuff as well.
In the evenings I would suggest parking the stuff over 15 years old seperately (behind a tape barrier) so enthusiast and any public on the site or in Penstowe Manor Holiday Park (next door to the campsite) can have a look over the bikes before putting them safe later in the evening.

Very interested. Have noted the dates in my diary. Are wobblyboxes welcome?

Wobblyboxes more than welcome and there is plenty of accomodation nearby for those who like B&B or hotels :beerjug:

Only drawback (apart from it being in Drekkly-land) is that some "classics" might not have much camping gear carrying capacity. ;)

Hopefully people who want to turn up with machines unsuitable for carrying enough for comfortable camping (or who just don't like camping) will turn up with a trailer or a wobblebox.
The Saturday would make a decent rideout for your K1 if you fancy it and don't want to camp or stay nearby :thumb2

The idea is to turn up on the Friday (or Saturday) and have a beer and a chinwag in the evening, then sort out a couple of decent ride outs on the Saturday: one local ride suitable for older or slower classics and one for faster bikes which will cover more miles and see more of the area. You can join which ride out you want regardless of what you are riding. The weekend is also for people who haven’t got a Classic but are still enthusiasts of old M/Cs (or just camping and beer). Anyone not interested in a group ride out can do their own thing as there is a lot of great stuff to see or do locally

Sounds good to me Andy might bring the Airstream and the GS 1000.

New Year and it's time to start planning in the diary so a bump for the Classic Weekend. Roll on the better weather :beerjug:

Just seen this one.

I might bring the Hymer with a couple of old airheads on the trailer behind. Could be good to bring PinkLady the R80 along with PinkLady the wife.:)

We were in Bude yesterday and its lovely but it does get a bit busy in the summer. Some great scenic roads that can be enjoyed at 50mph.

Just seen this one.

I might bring the Hymer with a couple of old airheads on the trailer behind. Could be good to bring PinkLady the R80 along with PinkLady the wife.:)

We were in Bude yesterday and its lovely but it does get a bit busy in the summer. Some great scenic roads that can be enjoyed at 50mph.

Interested :thumb2

All three added to the interested list :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom