BETA Alp?

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was in a Beta dealers today, looking at the new Evo's:cool:

They had a 200 Alp in there and it looked a nice bike, certainly improved over the earlier ones

Quite fancy a mini-trail/trials type bike for some of the technical stuff on the trails

I reckon it it would be a hoot on stuff like Bwlch y Groes or some of Greg's Competa trails................bit like cheating:D

2012 Model.................anyone got one??

Attachments

• Alp-200.jpg
    Alp-200.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 11,689
My mate had one of those until recently and I had the earlier version. They are great fun for slow speed playing around and on really tricky trails.

However, as soon as you try and open it up a bit off road it really takes a pounding due to the limited suspension.

When I came to sell mine due to lack of use my mate bought it as it was more comfortable that his newer one and he has since sold his and still has my one.

Great bikes, bit like a trials bike with a seat.

I now have a DR350 for off road as it is a better all rounder, I would like to get a pure trials bike as well at some stage.

I still want a Beta Alp 4

I've got the two wheeled drive version :D

attachment.php

That 200 Alp looks like it fits into exactly the same trial/trail niche that KTM say their Freeride 'uniquely' occupies...:D

That 200 Alp looks like it fits into exactly the same trial/trail niche that KTM say their Freeride 'uniquely' occupies...:D

Yes, and two others that also fit are the Scorpa T-Ride and the Gas GAS Pampera.

Went into the bike shop for some bits today and they had a new red 200 Alp in, tempting

They don't float very well;)
Look at 3:02

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxjmydKFtC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I bought an Alp 4 for my other half and ended up using it myself!
Even did the HUMM event on it.... bigger front cog fitted.
A lot of people commented on the rear suspension limitations but I stripped mine completely and rebuilt it with a full grease up etc and it seemed ok.
Tremendous turning circle if you back the steering locks off to maximum and tame enough to deliver all of its power in soft terrain...genuinely regret selling it!

They don't float very well;)
Look at 3:02

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxjmydKFtC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To be fair, the rider does look a bit of a soft novice, looking at his riding before the river

Back
Top Bottom