someone explain Rukka jackets to me?

Rukka

I have a rallye 3 which is on its way out and am looking at the Rukka range which I can make no sense of with all the choice!

I want a jacket that has goretex but don't want separate goretex inner like my jacket...I want a waterproof outer that will keep me dry and not absorb water and weight 30 stone and take several weeks to dry out!

So which one do I "need"

Hi Steve come and see the differences in Rukka clothing , and have it all explained :thumb2

Steve www.motoscot.co.uk

:eek:

I'm not aware that my Armas suit holds water ... gets damp in heavy rain, of course, but doesn't hold water :nenau

In fifty years of motorcycling it's certainly the best I've had :thumb

:beerjug:

You're a retiree with a decent pension who can afford the best. I come from a later generation who will be working until I am 80 and can only afford a Rukka Marco:D Like my original Rukka from 9yrs ago if exposed to a lot of rain it 'holds' the water.

You're a retiree with a decent pension who can afford the best. I come from a later generation who will be working until I am 80 and can only afford a Rukka Marco:D Like my original Rukka from 9yrs ago if exposed to a lot of rain it 'holds' the water.

Lucky u - Im using RST Paragon :blast

You're a retiree with a decent pension who can afford the best. I come from a later generation who will be working until .......

Buy cheap by twice. Gucci family motto .... "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"

sorry to hijack the thread, but having just received my new rukka armas jkt and trousers from those nice people at biker land, reading this is very reassuring having just spent a hefty amount of euros (even with their deal!).

on the basis that the gear does not absorb water, (it just runs off) and is very very well made indeed, with lots of little detail all to make it user friendly..
all I need to do now is get out into the weather with it:D

Very very impressed with my new Rukka Armas gear. Warm and toasty and dry, and that new zip thing doesnt half keep the wind out. Excellent.

What you want is one of their proshell jacket but they are expensive .

Buy this instead , its proshell but at the same price as Rukkas entry level jacket.

http://www.vcustoms.co.uk/motorbike__halvarssons-jacket-odyssey-mens-textile-jacket---black_960.html

Got one of these for 360 quid, brand new with tags etc etc this year. After 9 hours in torrential rain (goretex gloves gave up after about 20 mins!) still bone dry at the end. Shake it down & put straight away in closet. It may not be Rukka...but Im really impressed with it. Looking the trousers to match now.

Very very impressed with my new Rukka Armas gear. Warm and toasty and dry, and that new zip thing doesnt half keep the wind out. Excellent.

Yes but 1099 euro on FC.moto.de !!!!!

I'll take my chances with my cheapass RST for now.

Have you considered the Streetguard from BMW?

Had a couple over the years .... not in the same league as the Rukka Armas I'm afraid :nenau

At the time they were the bees knees in my book, great :thumb
So why would I want to spend all that extra money for a Rukka :blast

Fed up of the zips letting go just outside the two year warranty ....

Eventually lashed out for the Armas .... no comparison and certainly 'better value for money" :thumb

Far comfier, more snug, better fit and better made and a five year warranty that is just that!

Had a couple over the years .... not in the same league as the Rukka Armas I'm afraid :nenau

At the time they were the bees knees in my book, great :thumb
So why would I want to spend all that extra money for a Rukka :blast

Fed up of the zips letting go just outside the two year warranty ....

Eventually lashed out for the Armas .... no comparison and certainly 'better value for money" :thumb

Far comfier, more snug, better fit and better made and a five year warranty that is just that!

I will certainly have a look at them when the time comes.

As a point of general knowledge - the 'time' will come well in advance of any available funds! but then again, I guess that's always true:confused:

I replaced a 7 year old Rukka jacket at the weekend which never gave any trouble and was in fact the most simple jacket in use - it worked.

There's still nothing wrong with it now except I could only wear in warmer months as an excess of 'padding' meant I needed a different size for winter use.

I was mad and did the buy the cheap thing for a recent trip to Normandy, got a bargain at HG and its a reasonable effort too, we'll worth what I paid at less than £200 however, fit, cut, ease of use and being able to attach to the Rukka trousers told me I needed another jacket.

Welcome, Armas :beer:

ARMAS JACKET

just had one sent in from biker land 908.90 euro delivered to the door great bit of kit at a great price!!

just had one sent in from biker land 908.90 euro delivered to the door great bit of kit at a great price!!

Just checked them out... and they are 1099 EUR... about GBP 900 with shipping to UK.

Just bought the Rallye 3 from bmw for GBP 1000 Have not worn it though and have also tried the Rukka which is much heavier... and not as amphibious...

Reading this post though makes me wanna change my mind and return the Rallye 3 for the Rukka :blast HELP!!!

:clap

Rallye3 By BMW Vs Armas by RUKKA

Spending the money about £1k is one thing, the other is getting the right technology and materials for protection and waterproofing...

Anyone out there who has had both and can tell us what their experience has been and advice?

Heat / Wind / Cold / Water
Protection Material (Kevlar, Carbon, ...)
Summer / Winter use (versatility...)

Thanks all...:aidan

New to the GS world.... So far this the first Forum i have Joined and meeting Steptoe tomorrow already!

Rallye3 By BMW Vs Armas by RUKKA
Spending the money about £1k is one thing, the other is getting the right technology and materials for protection and waterproofing...

Anyone out there who has had both and can tell us what their experience has been and advice?

Heat / Wind / Cold / Water
Protection Material (Kevlar, Carbon, ...)
Summer / Winter use (versatility...)

Thanks all...

:aidan

Thanks all...:aidan

New to the GS world.... So far this the first Forum i have Joined and meeting Steptoe tomorrow already!

Well I've had both ....

The BMW Rally is a great jacket but more suited to hot terrain where it doesn't rain :eek:

Gets waterlogged when it does and goes all kinda cold :rob

The elbows fill with water when riding a GS outside the goretex lining of course but get off the bike and it runs down in to your gloves!

The Rukka meanwhile just does its job. For the English/European climate it's just, quite simply, better suited ... Ha, pun intended :thumb

Back
Top Bottom