someone explain Rukka jackets to me?

Hi Can anyone update the thread on how well the argonaut works? Can't afford the Armas and looking athe argonaut. Thanks

Well I went for the argonaut in the end. I thought the armas was just a bit too much and paid 660 in the shop after a tiny bit of haggling. I'll let you know what I think!

Also bought the c3 pro too so totally lost the plot today.... Merry Xmas to me :)

I have been wearing Argonaut for the last year, it replaced my Armadillo set under warranty, and it has never let me down.

I have a love/hate relationship with the zip though. It is like a zip-lock you get on freezer bags.
On the one hand you have to keep lubricating it (they do supply a "marker pen" for the purpose), but on the other hand it is easy to undo and get you shades out of your pocket when riding along.

I can also confirm that a bottle of wine will still fit in each of the inside pockets. :D

I have used BMW Ralley and Rukka. The BMW Red faded within one year and by the time I went to Morocco all the other riders thought I had been in the Daka Rally as my jacket looked knackered. I did 30,000 miles over 3 years and it was OK but did fall to bits eventually.

Switched to Rukka and did 30,000 miles by which time the red colour washed out/faded but the jacket was dry and warm with good zip vents for hot weather. The Outlast temperature regulation is brilliant as it does help keep you cool in warm weather and warm in cold weather.

The trousers eventually leaked and rUKKA replaced, no quibble, but the second pair leaked after a while as the crotch seam will stretch when getting on my TallRounder GS.

Rukka is expensive but it works and lasts......is it worth the dosh? Not sure, but I will order a new one now the 2014 jackets have returned to YKK waterproof zips.

Is Rukka overpriced? Maybe but someone has to be the highest price! At least Rukka deliver on their claims and back up with a good 5 year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom