The final Cali 1100

The traditional guzzi customer who buys a bike and then keeps it for years is no longer the target market.

Exactly right... people who keep their bikes, or buy and sell from here or eBay etc. are the 'enemy' as far as the marketing dept's of the manufacturers are concerned...

Exactly right... people who keep their bikes, or buy and sell from here or eBay etc. are the 'enemy' as far as the marketing dept's of the manufacturers are concerned...

surely, if there was no S/H market for their bikes to be sold on after the rich folk had got them grubby and filled the ashtrays, then they'd find them rather hard to sell in the first place :nenau

anyway...i remember when £10K was a lot of money for a new bike :rob

surely, if there was no S/H market for their bikes to be sold on after the rich folk had got them grubby and filled the ashtrays, then they'd find them rather hard to sell in the first place :nenau

anyway...i remember when £10K was a lot of money for a new bike :rob

The manufacturers would prefer that they changed hands only a couple of times having been traded in through the dealers for a new or newer model and then somehow miraculously disappear. My theory is that is why so many new bikes are loaded with so much electronics so that when it starts to get a bit flakey it very quickly becomes 'beyond economic repair' - bit like airbags on modern cars in that if you have an airbag fault on a five year car if can cost more to fix than the car is worth.

Seems Guzzi are going the same way as BMW.

I'm sorry guys and Guzzi fans, but all of those teardrop style tanked guzzis look w*nk imho.

I love the look of the orignal T3 Cali, but the newer ones just haven't got any style, just looks like a piss poor attempt to please the yanks with a "custom" stylee.

Black and white is the only colour for the Cali, anything else is something else :rob

I'm sorry guys and Guzzi fans, but all of those teardrop style tanked guzzis look w*nk imho.

I love the look of the orignal T3 Cali, but the newer ones just haven't got any style, just looks like a piss poor attempt to please the yanks with a "custom" stylee.

Black and white is the only colour for the Cali, anything else is something else :rob

wot he says really.

the new 1400 is growing on me though :)

The manufacturers would prefer that they changed hands only a couple of times having been traded in through the dealers for a new or newer model and then somehow miraculously disappear. My theory is that is why so many new bikes are loaded with so much electronics so that when it starts to get a bit flakey it very quickly becomes 'beyond economic repair' - bit like airbags on modern cars in that if you have an airbag fault on a five year car if can cost more to fix than the car is worth.

most people don't want old cars and are happy to see them go. then they can get a shiny new one on the knock.

bikes very much going the same way, and only a few old farts will care.

wot he says really.

the new 1400 is growing on me though :)

I like the look of the 1400, it'll never have the T3 cool, but it is a good looking bike. The cruiser Guzzis with that teardrop style tank just look like a cobbled together attempt at bike design. The new 1400 has a distinctive style (much like the griso did) and I think it's where Guzzi excel. They make some gorgeous looking bikes, the Cali has been letting the side down for years.

They almost got it with the last ltd edition black n white vintage cali, but then you look at it side on with that stupid tank and it ruins the whole flow of the bike.

I like the look of the 1400, it'll never have the T3 cool, but it is a good looking bike. The cruiser Guzzis with that teardrop style tank just look like a cobbled together attempt at bike design. The new 1400 has a distinctive style (much like the griso did) and I think it's where Guzzi excel. They make some gorgeous looking bikes, the Cali has been letting the side down for years.

They almost got it with the last ltd edition black n white vintage cali, but then you look at it side on with that stupid tank and it ruins the whole flow of the bike.

you're saving my poor arthritic pinkies a shedload of typing :D

Turned around a failing business into one of the most successful motorcycle manufacturers out there :thumb

Andres

True, but they're making disposable tat with a limited lifespan. I don't suppose many current 1200GSs will make it to 2042 and I reckon the 1400 Cali is much the same.

+1
Until the Griso appeared Guzzi styling was rubbish from the day they abandonned the oval finned engine especially the Calis IMO.

True, but they're making disposable tat with a limited lifespan. I don't suppose many current 1200GSs will make it to 2042 and I reckon the 1400 Cali is much the same.

that's fine if everybody else is, and they are.

No. Tis t' other way around;
Maker sells the Bike. the first owner has no end of hassle with it / fixes all the faults / gets fed up / flogs it for way under market value / new owner buys a sorted Bike, cheap / with mileage to prove it works / has long and happy relationship with said Bike and cant understand wot all the fuss about 'reliablity' is about. :nenau

Simples. :pullface

~~
:green gri

that's fine if everybody else is, and they are.

It could have been one of the last bikes you could maintain yourself without a £10K diagnostic station. If that's not the case then it's hard to justify buying a Guzzi over any of the other plastic brands as I imagine a lot of the character has disappeared up it's own catalytic converter.

No. Tis t' other way around;
Maker sells the Bike. the first owner has no end of hassle with it / fixes all the faults / gets fed up / flogs it for way under market value / new owner buys a sorted Bike, cheap / with mileage to prove it works / has long and happy relationship with said Bike and cant understand wot all the fuss about 'reliablity' is about. :nenau

Simples. :pullface

~~
:green gri

Yes, but when it's six years old the electric windows stop working.

you don't need a diagnostic station to maintain a 1200GS. only to read fault codes. no faults - don't need the diagnostics.

one of them 911 things is not £10K either if you do.

Yes, but when it's six years old the electric windows stop working.

:confused:
i know the screen is big on mine "he stuck a feckin patio door on the front of it" remarked one of my Trainees :D
but wtf? :nenau how is this relevant to a PTW?

Back
Top Bottom