Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your K bike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Nice.

I seriously considered a 1200RS or GT at one time. I was only attracted to the older Bricks by the relatively easier access of the tubular framed models for service and repairs.
    The main reason.. aside from the price and condition - both of which are spot on - was that its only just had its 24K service as well as a brand new set of PR2's and a new battery - so 'in theory' needs for nothing aside from an oil change for the next 11000 miles. I'm 6'5 and found it very comfortable - 160 mile ride to get it home and with only two short stops en route. All i got was some very slight back pain - so a few minor tweaks should sort that. Ive been a long time admirer of the Brick and just wanted to try one as an alternative to my trusty old Boxer. All I can say is WOW... just: WOW.

How fast does it go grandad?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UKGSer of 2014 (Dead) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by motobiker View Post
    The main reason.. aside from the price and condition - both of which are spot on - was that its only just had its 24K service as well as a brand new set of PR2's and a new battery - so 'in theory' needs for nothing aside from an oil change for the next 11000 miles. I'm 6'5 and found it very comfortable - 160 mile ride to get it home and with only two short stops en route. All i got was some very slight back pain - so a few minor tweaks should sort that. Ive been a long time admirer of the Brick and just wanted to try one as an alternative to my trusty old Boxer. All I can say is WOW... just: WOW.
    Sound enough reasoning in my book.

TBH, I think that they suffered more from being "unfashionable" rather than there being anything wrong with them. Now that they're getting on a bit the fact that they're unfashionable doesn't count and values will only flatten out before rising a bit.

A link to my K100 turbo project:

http://www.sportaxmoto.com/#/k100rs-...rbo/4547751553

It started as 'a good idea' and now looks like it will consume the rest of my life!
    I'm not looking for huge, maximum rpm bhp figures, but want quick spool-up in the mid-range,
    140-150 bhp would be acceptable.

Every part has obviously to be made one-off , I think the fun of building the project is probably equal to the riding.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Lovely Idea But how are you going to resolve the heat issues of the turbo in that location

I did an HND Project with a pal on supercharging and turbocharging

It was great fun but some of the pics we got back then (pre internet) of Turbo's running a mid revs for 5 mins showed them glowing red

Have you considered this running red hot as your electrics box is just above it

Good luck with the build engineering Looks excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Ijustwanttoseethephotos View Post
    A link to my K100 turbo project:

http://www.sportaxmoto.com/#/k100rs-...rbo/4547751553

It started as 'a good idea' and now looks like it will consume the rest of my life!
    I'm not looking for huge, maximum rpm bhp figures, but want quick spool-up in the mid-range,
    140-150 bhp would be acceptable.

Every part has obviously to be made one-off , I think the fun of building the project is probably equal to the riding.
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Thanks for the input!
    Heat issues: Turbotechniques, (amongst others), sell a heatproof jacket for the exhaust housing, plus all the exhaust pipes within the frame will be wrapped in heatproof wrap.
    Electrics: as I'm not using the standard injection system, the bike will have just a programmeable ignition unit, plus starter and indicator relays.
    All this, plus the battery, will be mounted in the tail unit.
    I'll be making a complete, one-off wiring harness for the bike, hence the standard electrics box will be removed.
    One reason for deciding on a draw-through system is the simplicity, (the trade-off being it is less efficient).

Start a thread in this section LINKY and let us see how you get on

Good luck with the build

Quote Originally Posted by Ijustwanttoseethephotos View Post
    Thanks for the input!
    Heat issues: Turbotechniques, (amongst others), sell a heatproof jacket for the exhaust housing, plus all the exhaust pipes within the frame will be wrapped in heatproof wrap.
    Electrics: as I'm not using the standard injection system, the bike will have just a programmeable ignition unit, plus starter and indicator relays.
    All this, plus the battery, will be mounted in the tail unit.
    I'll be making a complete, one-off wiring harness for the bike, hence the standard electrics box will be removed.
    One reason for deciding on a draw-through system is the simplicity, (the trade-off being it is less efficient).
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

The Shetland bike

Here`s one in Sussex

1996 K1100

Joining this party

Collected yesterday morning, needs a bit of assembly + battery + service + mot etc then back into action.

Got 50k on the clock and to be honest I know NOTHING about these "flying bricks" I believe is the term used by my father-in-law who had one many years ago

1987 K100RS

Hopefully I can get stuck into it in the next couple of weeks

I thought that might be a Pichler fairing at first but now I'm not sure that they made a twin headlamp version, the ones that I've seen have always been small, rectangular headlamp versions.

Anyway, good to see 'Brick' ownership spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I thought that might be a Pichler fairing at first but now I'm not sure that they made a twin headlamp version, the ones that I've seen have always been small, rectangular headlamp versions.

Anyway, good to see 'Brick' ownership spreading.
    Mike I will check there is a manufacturers sticker on the fairing, was wondering if the twin lights was standard or not

The more I read about these bikes the more I realise they might be another one of BMW's hidden gems....20 years to late but

Is that not a Sprint fairing.

My 2005 K1200 S

had this one a couple of years ago, bought from somebody off here!

That RS "Style" was a celebration model to mark the fourth year in succession that the K100RS had been voted motorcycle of the year. The previous year, BMW released a limited edition 'Motorsport' version but I don't think that the "Style" was limited in numbers.

Nice bike, a sort of half-way-house to the 16-Valve it having the braced forks of the K75S and was offered with radial tyres too. Some markets got the belly-pan as standard (always cleans up the worst looking part of an K-Brick IMO).

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast