Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your K bike

UKGSer of 2014 (Dead) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by GADGET View Post
    Is that not a Sprint fairing.
    It is indeed.

Sprint originally made a twin headlamp one that was so close to the BMW RS fairing that BMW threatened to sue. The one above is the later, altered version.

A bargain

1993 ex plod I think, dont know much as the guy passed away who owned it one owner b4 him the police then dealer then this chap, appears to have a new battery boge rear shock v strange krauser panier rails with built in led indicators and tie down hinged plates, almost unmarked fairing and a black screen with flip up spoiler £750 with 12 months mot

steve

Quote Originally Posted by jaber View Post

1993 ex plod I think, dont know much as the guy passed away who owned it one owner b4 him the police then dealer then this chap, appears to have a new battery boge rear shock v strange krauser panier rails with built in led indicators and tie down hinged plates, almost unmarked fairing and a black screen with flip up spoiler £750 with 12 months mot

steve

UKGSer of 2014 (Dead) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Steve, That looks pretty much like a standard "authorities" bike but:

I've never seen one with a dark screen, the footrest plates have been re-painted and the pannier rails are certainly not standard. It would most likely have been fitted with Craven panniers and frames or possibly BMW City Cases. I'd also suggest that the screen isn't original because all the K75RTP (and RTs) I've ever seen have been fitted with the later "LT" type screen. That steeply raked screen was deleted around 88 or 89. It looks as though it's had the FD replaced too, perhaps to get the the K100 ratio.

Interesting modifications though and at the price, bit of a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Steve, That looks pretty much like a standard "authorities" bike but:

I've never seen one with a dark screen, the footrest plates have been re-painted and the pannier rails are certainly not standard. It would most likely have been fitted with Craven panniers and frames or possibly BMW City Cases. I'd also suggest that the screen isn't original because all the K75RTP (and RTs) I've ever seen have been fitted with the later "LT" type screen. That steeply raked screen was deleted around 88 or 89. It looks as though it's had the FD replaced too, perhaps to get the the K100 ratio.

Interesting modifications though and at the price, bit of a steal.
    Thanks Mike tried to email you but said invalid address, startedremoving things and looking at alternatives

steve

All the stuff seems to have been there a long time

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Hands are a bit clean Steve do you wear gloves for everything.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    O yes, and by the way ducky were am i going to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by roulstonjr View Post
    O yes, and by the way ducky were am i going to sit.
    On my lap of course you silly girl

Name:  133.JPG
Views: 886
Size:  224.6 KB

1986 K100RS with 69k miles, picked it up last month for a charity run, John o'Groats to Land's End in 24 hours on bikes that cost £300 or less. It'd been standing for a while but still had some MOT and tax so hadn't been left too long.

So far I haven't done anything except charge the battery and ensure it runs, it needs a bit more attention than that because it's leaking oil from the clutch housing. I'd guess that something heavy has been left on top of it when it was put away as the screen is lower on one side than the other but there are no cracks or anything obvious so I don't think it'd been dropped.

I didn't get any history with the bike other than a few old MOTs so I was planning to get in and do the clutch splines anyway, which I may as well do given that it's got to be stripped down to sort out the oil leak.

Feels good to have a Bimmer in the garage again

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe

steve
    Definately Krauser pannier frames the flip up bit latches into the pannier lock.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Next the Tay and elsewhere.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    There are 'one or two' photos of my K1 on here already but as it's the first time I've actually dragged it out since MikeP had his wicked way with her, thought I'd put one up for good measure...

It's been more than 2 1/2 years since I've ridden anything bigger than my Fuoco....too long!

GS will be MOT'd on Monday, spoilt for choice after that...

Mojo about to be re-engaged...
    Sometimes, Bullshit smells of Piss Take!

Putting things into perspective...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCV3...ature=youtu.be

Here's mine, a cracking k1200R.

[IMG]C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Pictures\BMW K1200R\K1200R LOM\2012-02-26 Lava orange k12r[/IMG]

This may work, here goes,

Mike

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    My one & only "K", heavy old beast, but the only choice for non stop UK to Spain

K1200LT by BMrider2012, on Flickr

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast