Show us your K bike

K1-K75s%20%281%29-L.jpg

Stripped bare!

Guess wot i did to it now ... :pullface

My Baby - the Tart :augie
(She did have a memorable mileage recently :kissy2 )

Attachments

• 1Tart GS edit.jpg
    1Tart GS edit.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 2Tart GS eidt.jpg
    2Tart GS eidt.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 3Tart GS edit.jpg
    3Tart GS edit.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 88888.jpg
    88888.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,311
The finishing touch :augie :D

Attachments

• logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,185
  • logo2.jpg
    logo2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,194
  • logo3.jpg
    logo3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,279
Twenty-five years ago, when we were still married, I couldn't get my missus anywhere near my bikes without a lot of persuasion. Yesterday she hopped on it of her own accord (that's women for you I suppose). :nenau

New%20Lens%2022nd%20May%20121-L.jpg

Twenty-five years ago, when we were still married, I couldn't get my missus anywhere near my bikes without a lot of persuasion. Yesterday she hopped on it of her own accord (that's women for you I suppose). :nenau

New%20Lens%2022nd%20May%20121-L.jpg

That's bumped the value of Red ones..... :thumb

yer not gonna like mine

Just got this and will be messing about with it over the winter. Needs a bit of smartening up but not spending more than I have too. Anyone have any free bits or ideas please. Needs some different bars for a starter, does anyone know what fits without altering all the cables = I would like some wider ones. The exhaust is different but sound OK . May need a oval end can as well

Attachments

• PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,066
  • PICT0036.JPG
    PICT0036.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,089
Mick,

mine was an RT, then an RS - before it got 'remodelled' by a deer interface. :D
it came to me with RS 'bars / then i had K75C 'bars on it / now RT 'bars.
No problems for me with cables.
i dont think the cables and brake hose were ever changed from RT spec.
So, if i'm right.... :rolleyes: you wont have a problem.
... and you're right - i dont like it. :p :D ;)

Thanks for the top answer regarding Bars - Its prettier than some Ive seen
Great site is this Good Folk :clap

This was mine. It was far too fast for me so I sold it

K1.jpg

This was mine. It was far too fast for me so I sold it

K1.jpg
I remember those K1 stickers being offered for helmets, I've never seen them that size before.

I remember those K1 stickers being offered for helmets, I've never seen them that size before.

It was a 1991 Bike, H reg, maybe one of the last which I bought from a guy in London who had had it from new...... I always fancied one for years but never ridden one until after I bought it.
I forget the "Edition" name but it came with NO decals and the guy had them made up later.
I never really got on with the riding position as I was used to "Airheads'.

It was a lovely Bike, he had "nursed" it from new with less than 14,000 miles.

As I said it was really far too fast for me so I sold it after a few months for £3k, I think in 2009

Nice but those stickers....:barf neither one one thing or the other...

Can you recall what make the exhaust was?

Nice but those stickers....:barf neither one one thing or the other...

Can you recall what make the exhaust was?

Exhaust ..... no I'm really "rusty" these days on remembering back ....... too long in retirement.
All I remember was that the there was some kind of "weak spot" between the silencer and the down pipe and that had been "modded" to solve this weakness.

Plus both brake master cylinders had been replaced at the last MOT

This is "Janice" she started life as a K100rt before having a get together with a van.My mate used the insurance money to upgrade to a K1100lt and I bought her for a ressurection exercise.I stripped the remains of the fairing and was extremely lucky to source a rad cowl from a naked bike .These are bloody hard to find.I used generic headlamp supports plus headlight,it has Suzuki gsxr front indicators.We had lots of fun together then I made a grave error of judgement and sold her to a friend.:tears

K100001.jpg

Just got this and will be messing about with it over the winter. Needs a bit of smartening up but not spending more than I have too. Anyone have any free bits or ideas please. Needs some different bars for a starter, does anyone know what fits without altering all the cables = I would like some wider ones. The exhaust is different but sound OK . May need a oval end can as well

An early model K100, pre 86.
Does the engine rattle from cold ?
The early models needed leaded fuel.

This is "Janice" she started life as a K100rt before having a get together with a van.My mate used the insurance money to upgrade to a K1100lt and I bought her for a ressurection exercise.I stripped the remains of the fairing and was extremely lucky to source a rad cowl from a naked bike .These are bloody hard to find.I used generic headlamp supports plus headlight,it has Suzuki gsxr front indicators.We had lots of fun together then I made a grave error of judgement and sold her to a friend.:tears

K100001.jpg

I like that. :thumb2

.I stripped the remains of the fairing and was extremely lucky to source a rad cowl from a naked bike .These are bloody hard to find.I used generic headlamp supports plus headlight,

Are they ............ I've got one, maybe two.. and i've got a K100 round headlight and surround.
Anorak mode - did you know the K100 had two different types of rad surround in it's life.

Are they ............ I've got one, maybe two.. and i've got a K100 round headlight and surround.
Bloody hell Neil, if you went through your stocks and flogged it all off you'd probably not need to work for a year!

Both the radiator covers and the 'C' model headlamp cowl are much sought after.

Steptoe said:
Anorak mode - did you know the K100 had two different types of rad surround in it's life.
There are two different K100 radiators aren't there? Early ones had more rows or something. :nenau

There are two different K100 radiators aren't there? Early ones had more rows or something. :nenau

All K100's had the same radiator.
But funnily the larger K1100 has a thinner lower capacity radiator.
Hence why the fan is forever blowing when riding one around in london.

Back
Top Bottom