New 650 XChallenge Replacement?

It's funny, I was looking at some piccies of it last night and thinking the same.

I think it's more akin to the x Country though; it'd need a 21" wheel and I'd want to junk the twin exhaust (for weight) yet the standard exhauast is so much part of the 'styling' it'd be a real shame to do that.

Maybe they will bring out a more off road biased version of it?

I do like the look of it though :thumb2

It's funny, I was looking at some piccies of it last night and thinking the same.

I think it's more akin to the x Country though; it'd need a 21" wheel and I'd want to junk the twin exhaust (for weight) yet the standard exhauast is so much part of the 'styling' it'd be a real shame to do that.

Maybe they will bring out a more off road biased version of it?

I do like the look of it though :thumb2

I have a spare 21" wheel:cool:

nice retro looking bike nothing like the xc but the country in offroad mode:augie

Bet it will weigh in at 180kg:eek: imagine getting that stuck:rob

nice retro looking bike nothing like the xc but the country in offroad mode:augie

Bet it will weigh in at 180kg:eek: imagine getting that stuck:rob

It looks like a completely new chassis compared to the XChallenge/Country so hopefully they've lost some weight there.

And given Gusky prior approach to BMW engines, should have a bit more poke.

I think it looks really promising :thumb2

Well the 650 terra weighs in at 180kg's!

I can't see this being much lighter.

Hope the husky engineers were allowed to spec the suspension, instead of leaving it to the finance department as with the XChallenge :blast

Just been and sat on a strada 650 in husky sport, which looks very similar to the bike in the OP, just with different styling.

Suspension feels ok, and the conventional rear shock on the back felt much better than the XChallenge air shock.

Seat is also much wider- slightly more comfortable than the X?

Apart from that it does look heavy with all those steel parts instead of aluminium.

I don't think this offers anything more than i already have with the XC...

Nathan

Husky should stop messing about;
they make this silly 1970`s retro styled bike ,thinking that the Americans will fall in love with it because Steve McQueen raced one that looked like that back in the 70`s.

do i like it ? yes,buy it? no, its old retro form over function.
wait for the first magazine tester to smack his meat and potatoes on the tank,wish it had 6 gears and wonder why it has the same size wheel as an old 650gs.:blast

It looks like a comedy motorcycle made out of an old vacuum cleaner.

Anyone had a go on one yet

Back
Top Bottom