All year biker coming next week

Nutty

Reaction score
So I've booked Jon from All Year Biker, Chesham.:thumb Has anyone else on here used him, if so, were you pleased with his work? Is there anything specific that I should ask him/ areas of the bike to avoid (other than brakes and tyres:rolleyes:) etc etc?

How much sugar he takes in the tea:D
Don't neck any off his spanners , he will screw you !

Is the price standard throughout the country or does it depend on who does it?

So I've booked Jon from All Year Biker, Chesham.:thumb Has anyone else on here used him, if so, were you pleased with his work? Is there anything specific that I should ask him/ areas of the bike to avoid (other than brakes and tyres:rolleyes:) etc etc?

Great guy and, if you're going to him, great little set-up. I was there a month ago & he was working on a 'show stopping' Harley low rider - amazing looking bike.....but do make the right noises re the pint job regardless of what u may think!
Did a great job on my GS but did take a couple of hours all-in. He was v careful wi the tyres / breaks and gave the right warnings on riding off. A good job and £'s well spent.

Great guy and, if you're going to him, great little set-up. I was there a month ago & he was working on a 'show stopping' Harley low rider - amazing looking bike.....but do make the right noises re the pint job regardless of what u may think!
Did a great job on my GS but did take a couple of hours all-in. He was v careful wi the tyres / breaks and gave the right warnings on riding off. A good job and £'s well spent.

Excellent. He's coming to me as I'm working from home that day, so I'm looking forward to having this done, and being able to ride through the winter without having to worry about corrosion.:JB

He did mine a couple o years ago, very thorough. Should probably do it again for the winter as I'll be driving it it much more hopefully if the next job comes through.

Easy Remedy

I had this treatment last Saturday. I too am miles from the nearest operatives for AYB. Not to be put off I hosted a venue at my home. The maximum number of bikes is 4 at this time of year due to the shorter days.

Roy did our bikes and a thoroughly nice bloke he was too and very knowledgeable with it.

He took great care with our bikes and for £50 odd quid it represents real value for money. The thing to remember is that AYB is not a valeting service it is for applying ACF50 for protection, the by product of this is a very shiney, like new bike.

I wholeheartedly recommend them.

CB

It looks as though there is a standard price (£59.75 per bike) but will have to pay extra if they have to travel:

http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk/Booking.html

I just wish there was a provider near Skipton as I would like to try these guys out :(

I've heard of build up of road crap on bikes that have been treated with a spray can by the owner, but does this happen with bikes treated by AYB, as they use a much finer coating?

Once it's done, am I correct in thinking that after each ride all I need to is hose it off and dry it with the blower, no tiresome scrubbing and shampooing?:comfort

I might have considered this until I read the first few of their terms and conditions. As a matter of principle I would never agree to:

Release discharge & indemnity
1.1 I unconditionally release and discharge*All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents*and any persons acting on their behalf as 'Host' from all liabilities, claims and causes of action that may occur from any act, omission, default, failure or error on the part of All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any persons acting on their behalf as 'Host' (including any negligent act, omission, default, failure or error) occurring wholly or partially during the course of the activities.
Indemnity
2.1 I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any person acting on their behalf as 'Host' *from any liability, claim or cause of action that may be brought against All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any person acting on their behalf as 'Host'*as a result of or in connection with any act, omission, default, failure or error on the part of*All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any person acting on their behalf as 'Host'*(Including any negligent act, omission, default, failure or error on the part of*All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any person acting on their behalf as 'Host'**occurring wholly or partially during the course of their activities).
3.2 I agree that*All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any person acting on their behalf as 'Host'**will not be liable for and waive any right to claim any loss or damage, economic loss or consequential loss whether in tort, in contract, under statute or otherwise, for any default, failure, negligence or error on the part of All Year Biker.co.uk, their agents and any person acting on their behalf as 'Host'.

A company offering such a service really needs to do better at setting a more reasonable position for when they screw up.

Darren

*Ps ignore the stars - its an iPad thing!

It is worth remembering that any restrictive term of a contract is subject to a "reasonableness" test.
On the face of it, these terms are unreasonable, but it would depend on the circumstances and details of any claim.

I have worked out that I can get an 50ltr/2hp compressor, tools and a litre of ACF50 for £155, off evilbay.
I'm going down that route, as will get to use the compressor for other stuff too.

I've heard of build up of road crap on bikes that have been treated with a spray can by the owner, but does this happen with bikes treated by AYB, as they use a much finer coating?

Once it's done, am I correct in thinking that after each ride all I need to is hose it off and dry it with the blower, no tiresome scrubbing and shampooing?:comfort

BLOWER????:eek: Christ old son, it's a motorbike;) With ACF, you only need to hose it with a cold hose every now and then. The whole idea is basically you don't touch it until the spring. It will look like a piece of shit by then so if you like a sparkly bike, you are going to have nightmares:D

i must be missing something,pay someone to wash your bike and spray acf50 on it:rolleyes:

i must be missing something,pay someone to wash your bike and spray acf50 on it:rolleyes:

yeah. me too :blast

it doesn't take very long, and you really don't need a compressor.

on the other hand, if you get a group together for an ACF50 party, it is a good chance to drink coffee and eat cake. not entirely bad thing really :thumb2

I will never touch the ACF staff , don't need the thing , I just get a can off DW40 spry it from top tp bottom and job done :nenau I did it for over 7 years , never had any problem or corrosion and I can spry the bloody thing all over without having to be worried and it cost just a fraction :thumb

yeah. me too :blast

it doesn't take very long, and you really don't need a compressor.

on the other hand, if you get a group together for an ACF50 party, it is a good chance to drink coffee and eat cake. not entirely bad thing really :thumb2

This is the first time I've had it done, and from what I understand from those that have had the AYB treatment, they use an atomiser that gets the acf50 into the more hard to reach places without gunging up. It's an attractive option for me as I'd probably end up spraying the brakes, tyres and next doors cat.

Their terms and conditions don't worry me, I have a very good firm of lawyers should they fuck up:D

i don't spray it all over. just in the few places that seem to need it.

wheel hubs, rims and timing cover being the main ones. i don't bother washing it off in spring either.

bike's permanently filthy, but it works for me :)

My neighbour is an aircraft mechanic, sorry, i mean B.A. aircraft super technician.
He supplies me with cans of astrolan, an anti corrosive substance they use on aircraft.
Amazing stuff, only downside is it's faintly pink when it's applied :D

Back
Top Bottom