Sump plug washer question....

Thanks once again for the input.... I ended up getting a sump plug/washer combo off ebay as a spare, and called in at my local friendly dealership , who gave me a genuine one for nowt :cool:

do tell why removal of a thread locked sump plug would be an issue? i've never had a problem :nenau

this whole thread is based on the fact that the OP didn't have the correct washer and i suggested something that could be done "if you are desperate". :blast

Well lets see,what is "thread lock "for? And we do at times want to remove this bolt.second,if any of this thread lock was to get into the oil system,i'll leave that up to others and last,as you said"if you were desperate",says it all really:blast

Well lets see,what is "thread lock "for? And we do at times want to remove this bolt.second,if any of this thread lock was to get into the oil system,i'll leave that up to others and last,as you said"if you were desperate",says it all really:blast

Some thread lock is designed for sealing as well as preventing the thread undoing.

I've never had any trouble removing a bolt that had been treated with thread lock. It's not permanently fixed.

Unless you are totally cack handed in application, none will go in the engine, let alone the oil system, which is protected by a filter.

I used the annealing method when I last changed the oil on a paralever.

It's so easy, I got the jam jar of water ready, held the washer in some long nosed pliers, warmed it in the flame of a camping stove, watched it burst into bright orange and green flames, laughed my head off and called myself a stupid tw@t, went to Vines and splashed the 35p.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Even more annoying - To anneal copper the water isn't needed. Just heat and allow to cool normally.

Back
Top Bottom