First Tank is emptied on the NC700X around Berkshire & Hamphire

On the AVDrider forum i was asked a few questions about the bike...which i thought are worth sharing....

Hello,

let me try and answer some of these questions:

how does it do on highways crusing at 70plus? - with ease. 70mph is no problem at all - I had it up to 100mph...but about 85 it gets a bit slower in acceleration and you need to be in 5th to get up to speed as sixth gear is very tall...

How did it handle off road i see the tires look like full street tires - tires are the main weak point. front suspension is very good... rear - pretty basic. Brakes are good and ABS is not too harsh in cutting in... I was fine on the muddy lanes, but it not for a MX track etc...but handles a fire road with ease. a bit like my Buell Ulyssess! the low revving engine helps too.

Honda made this to be entry to the adv riding u think this is a good start? I think its a great starting point into adventure riding. at real road speed the bike is perfect and with the 200 mile range from a 14 liter tank its made for touring! Comfort is fine.

Any shortcomings on the bike? - the screen is pretty useless..as its not blocking much wind. I would have liked heated grips too (but these are available as an option)

other than that - try one...

Thanks
Lars

another update:

I am now on my fourth Tank and the bike has had its first service (600mls).
I am still very happy with it and use it now daily again... storage space is very useful and it served me well during xmas shopping and my daily gym run.

the bike has not yet had a wash hence its still filthy from my little off-road excursion! see pic below

IMG-20130108-01250_zps6e74e021.jpg

total mileage is now 691.

average consumption over the last 3 tanks = 74.4mpg. last tank i filled up after 207miles and it took 12.7litres.

Now that the roads are getting drier I can actually use the bikes light weight and cornering ability a bit more...its fun!

Thanks
Lars

As i understand these are half a jazz engine, having done over 80,000 albeit boring miles on two jazzes i never even changed a bulb. Most remarkably was our 06 1400cc . We gave this to my daughter, its serviced annually and ignored! I checked the oil at christmas and at over 70,000 is pale straw colour. It always was, even when i had it, the oil clearly has very little to do other than cool the engine. this is the best engine for reliability that i have ever owned so i think the nc 700 will be a great bike.

Steve

What about the way the engine goes.

All the road testers said that it was a bit limited because of the low revs / car type engine performance.

I myself fancy a go on the auto version (I hope I am talking about the same bike).
I personally ignore road testers opinions!!
Depends how you ride. I personally ride on the torque side, rather than power.
Never had any problems with the engine revs
I only demo rode them, over an hour at a time. Not very much time I know.
The x and the s models
A very underrated bike. I have had 30 plus bikes but this is one nice bike.
I would have bought one but part ex was not enough.
A very underated bike IMHO.
Possible buy a mint secondhand one if the price is right:blagblah

Last edited:
Update:

I filled up the 4th tank yesterday after 207mls and it took just over 13litres. So gave me just over 71mpg!
I havent used the bike much during the cold and wet weather. I have a shiny new CRV for that!:D

Anyway but now that spring will hopefully come soon the mileage on the CRV should increase a lot.....

Had a couple of test rides on this beastie. Most recently on a sh one with full luggage from a local dealer. Liked it but was very aware of a whine which seemed to be coming from the store age box in the false tank. Chap at the dealer reckoned the box amplifies noise from the engine if left empty: a sort of plenum chamber effect.

Hi all,

After over 4 months of winter ownership of my silver NC700X its time to change it and i have to give it back this coming week - but fear i am getting a new NC700X but this time a white and with the DCT gearbox! :beerjug:

The silver manual bike has been great as a commuter tool. I always got 75mpg regardless of riding style. Its been 100% reliable, but its also still almost brandnew.

This morning I cleaned it as I always like to hand the bikes back the way i get them.

cf0e59e39d735afcbf207b76b2b3ff30_zps2962cd41.jpg

And all the winter dirt came off and it looks like on day one again....

36ab6903444e3cdcb9e97f9f80e1c9d7_zps04402276.jpg

So i will continue on this thread with the new DCT next week. Should be even more fun as i love the DCT gearbox and with the low rev range NC engines its a perfect match.

Keep you posted.
Lars

DCT

I tried the DCT version earlier this week, I'm sure it would be crap off road, but I stayed on the black stuff and it was brilliant. I want one!!!!!:beerjug:

So today was the day when I changed my silver NC700X - manual transmission for a nice new white NC700XD - DCT!
and as a first action I change the OE exhaust for a nice Akrapovic - which I am now testing for a while.

here is picture of the new machine.

NC700XD_zpsaa9571a3.jpg

I will report on MPG figures with the akra (currently with DB killer still in)!
The old silver bike was fantastic and this morning I managed to get over 217 miles to a tank (14l tank volume only)!

I am sure the DCT will perform similar and I do love the DCT with the NC700 engine. They match eachother very well.

Thanks
Lars

I just picked up the Integra version today, rode it about 80 miles. Just love that DCT:thumb

My friend traded in hit Tenere 1200 in for one of these and only kept it about 3 weeks nd now has a Tiger 800. He said it was a great little bike but just totally under powered. I think he just bought it on looks though. I did warn him.....

They are no speed machine but if you leave it in the 'sport' mode it will make good progress, will certainly keep you ahead of normal traffic. And at 70/80mpg:) If I was sensible (which I'm not) I would be happy to have it as my sole 2-wheel transport.

Back
Top Bottom