Honda F6C Anybody had one?

Barry G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks, thinking about buying a F6c just for a change and have something different in the garage, Also this should stop me trading in my GSA.

Has anybody had one, any problems, tips or advice?:blagblah

Barry G

They corrode if you ride them through winter and don't clean the salt off:augie

Goldwing without the plastic so should be well made if a bit heavy

The Valkyrie F6C is an awesome bike that has held it's price very well. I was on the verge of buying one a few years ago at a dealers in Chorley but went for a Harley Dyna instead.
I often thought about changing the Dyna and the VRod that followed it for a Valk but could never find a decent one at the time.
They won't let you in the Gold Wing Owners Club with it btw

I bought a GL1800 Goldwing in a moment of madness I was looking for a St1300 and dropped a bid for £7500 on a 2 year old Goldwing repossession on ebay turned out to be nice for a month until the novelty wore of and I sold it to get a motorcycle filtering was fun everyone got out of the way.

Great engines with car like pulling from 1000 rpm

ditto

My mate has one.
In a year he clocked up 20 miles, it's nearly 10 miles to the MOT station!!

my mate clocks a few more, but after he binned his cbr6 we went for a ride out he was on the valk i nearly fell asleep on my ktm 950 sm (swopped to a 1200gsa now) i could have kept up in the camper,:augie

I had one, goes like stink if thrashed ( it's just that many put tassled panniers on etc and don't don't it for lots of rapid riding; each to their own :thumb2).
Build quality is excellant, bike is only let down by poor rear suspension. Engine internals totally different to a Goldwing and obviously carbed etc.
Only sold mine as wifey couldn't/can't ride on bikes these days and this is a bike for taking a partner out on.
You can cut the rear piggies off ( just inside the rear silencer cover for and extra growl. It did it but tacked them back on again !! )
Recommended.

had a few

had several of these, however, they have a drinking problem, they can drink fuel at a fair old rate. 22mpg-35mpg
not a problem if you dont plan on doing many miles.

seem to hold there value quite well, dont think i would buy another, as you could probably get a lower milage rocket 111 for less money.

silencers rot a bit, look for uneveness on the outside. and laquer on the wheels and around the brake master cylinder goes quite quickly.

earliers bikes had a better seat, newer ones had a harder preformed foam seat which i didnt like.

engines were great, and bullet proof. they also sounded much nicer if you removed the pinkies, a term used for grinding off the 3 small pipes that exit from the rear of each silencer.

I appear to have bought one

Put a silly offer on ebay and it has been accepted.

Oh dear, how will i hide this one in the garage !

Mate of mine has had one for some time. We go down to south of Spain most years. Awesome machine and he can really handle it. Can give the GS a good run . Mind you , the hero pegs on the footplates are well ground down !!

Put a silly offer on ebay and it has been accepted.

Oh dear, how will i hide this one in the garage !

Enjoy it.

ISTR that when the F6C first came out Bob McMillan, then General Manager of Honda Motocycles UK, lapped the Isle of Man TT course on one at an average speed of over 98 mph! :eek:

So they don't hang about or handle too badly. :thumb2

Isn't it also known as the Valkyrie?

I must be getting old !

image-M.jpg

:eek

Bit of a beast and likes the juice..!

Had one back in 2010/11, bike was ok but too big for here (Philippines) wished i kept my Vmax..but hey - ho...

x5_zps175bd22b.jpg

This is an excellent web page for info etc...

http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/index.php/topic,24504.msg229008.html#msg229008

One thing to be considered and aware of: HYDROLOCK!

Your Pet lock/ Petrol Tap can leak. Having only a side stand fuel will go into the first left cylander and on start up will sheer the starter gog..

x4_zpsf6ee9a87.jpg

x3_zpsf677f330.jpg

x2_zps42139122.jpg

Other than that an awsome bike - some are on the Dark Side using car tyres on the rear. Again do some research on this web page loads of good stuff :thumb

Enjoy it.

ISTR that when the F6C first came out Bob McMillan, then General Manager of Honda Motocycles UK, lapped the Isle of Man TT course on one at an average speed of over 98 mph! :eek:

So they don't hang about or handle too badly. :thumb2

Isn't it also known as the Valkyrie?

Known as the valkyrie in the usa. I think they were all made in the us and exported to europe as the f6c

Had one for 18mths around 2001, loved it , sold it to buy my first GS. Great engine , stops and goes really well BUT they aren't cheap for a bike thats getting on a bit. If i'd kept mine I'd almost certainly get more for it now than when I sold it :eek

Got offered a brand new unregistered Honda Fury the other day for £8.2k . They were something like £11.5k when the first came out but Honda have dropped the price big time. I reckon they might hold their value fairly well in the long term.:nenau

I've had one for about 5 years, it's a 2004 model. Must be one of the last ones they made.
I love it !
Tend to only use it when good weather, it sits alongside my GS, so i have best of both worlds.
Done a couple of continental trips on her, supremely comfy. My mate had a go and said it was as smooth as clotted cream !
ROLL ON SUMMER :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom