Farkles, Farkles, Farkles.... Winglets - Good or Bad?

Grizz

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not having even done a decent distance roadtest of the new Adventure screen, I am on that slippery slope of adding more Farlkes an crap to my bike......

Who has fitted them to a standard 1200GS?

With or without a taller screen.

What difference do they make, if any ?

Can you ascribe a percentage or describe the improvement ??

Pisstake or pertinent info appreciated.

Winglets good :thumb2 I added them c/w a GSA screen to my GS.

Stu.

I had an AF330 screen on my standard 1200GS. This was a big improvment over the normal GS screen. I later fitted winglets as well and it improved things even more. I wouldnt be able to put an exact percentage on it though, but you definitely could tell the difference.
There was less turbulance, when it was raining you stayed dryer.

My 2005 gs has a standard screen and winglets. It's better than without, but I can't say how much.

Sent by my fingers going tappety tap.

2005 gs ....givi dt 330...winglets helped to get less spray on visor in the rain......

Had them fitted by the dealer on my 2009 GS as a freebie. Look nice IMO, work well but does hinder screen adjustment. That might just be due to positioning by the dealer of course.

I fitted winglets to my old GS, before i got my current GSA.

From memory, I'd calculate that fitting them, reduced turbulence around the upper body by approximately 43.7% at a mean 76.5mph...:thumb

Winglets are good :)

but the Genuine BMW ones are the ones to go for IMHO, with a bit of haggling I got mine cheaper from the dealer than the aftermarket ones.

They seem to work for me anyway just smoothing out a bit of airflow and assisting in the decimation of the insect population of the UK.

I had a dark adventure screen fitted, then rode around for a while before realising that winglets would be the icing on the cake. As BMW don't do dark winglets, I had to use Nippys, but IMO they are as good as the BMW ones.

Do it, you wont regret it.:thumb:beerjug:

330Givi with winglets added, can't really put a % on it but certainly a huge improvement over standard.:thumb
By far the best mod for the bike.

but the Genuine BMW ones are the ones to go for IMHO, with a bit of haggling I got mine cheaper from the dealer than the aftermarket ones.

They seem to work for me anyway just smoothing out a bit of airflow and assisting in the decimation of the insect population of the UK.

+1 :thumb2:thumb2

I started of with a GSA screen fitted to my 2010 GS , this was an improvement over the standard. Bring higher, it deflected more air over and around the upper body, but I found that there was a lot of turbulence around the kidney area. The addition of the winglets cured this and now the combination is spot on IMHO for touring.

Are they fitted yet? If so any chance of a photo? I would be fitting to a GS with a A300 on Tobinators.
OldCroc

Not fitted yet, i will be fitting a Givi Airflow 330 screen. I bought the light smoked ones because i reckon they will look good with my bikes paint scheme.When i fit i will post some pics. :drool

Back
Top Bottom