My R1200 GSA outfit

About a year and a half ago, I had a Ural sidecar attached to the side of my GSA. Great fun, but problems soon started with it.

image-L.jpg

The front top mount broke at 85mph on the A1, an interesting time followed. Think trying to control a plate of blancmange. A while later the rear mount snapped, soon followed by the front again. Came to the conclusion that the thing was an accident waiting to continually happen, and as my son wanted to come for rides with me, something needed to be done.

So hopped on the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, and had EZS build this for me. Only picked it up last week.......

image-L.jpg

The work by EZS is absolutely superb. Everything is engineered properly, with no play at all in the subframe, and the outfit handles so much better now.

I'd already had a 15" car rear tyre conversion, and a telelever mod to ease up the steering. Now i'm looking forward to some snow please :)
tempered lobster,could you post up some photos of the mountings for the sidecar showing how it is attached to your bike:thumb

Could have bought British:
http://www.motopodd.com/

Currently developing an enduropodd.

I talked to Rod from motopodd, he didn't have any of his original motopodd sidecars left, and his enduro sidecar wouldn't be ready till early/mid 2013. As my bike is my only form of transport during winter I wanted a sidecar on before the ice and snow, and EZS had a space left to fit my sidecar.

I live out in the country, and the roads round here aren't gritted, so the sidecar has been needed quite a bit so far this winter.......

I talked to Rod from motopodd, he didn't have any of his original motopodd sidecars left, and his enduro sidecar wouldn't be ready till early/mid 2013. As my bike is my only form of transport during winter I wanted a sidecar on before the ice and snow, and EZS had a space left to fit my sidecar.

I live out in the country, and the roads round here aren't gritted, so the sidecar has been needed quite a bit so far this winter.......

Fair play. :)
I wasn't chastising you, just pointing out a mate's company. ;)

Back
Top Bottom