My R1200 GSA outfit

tempered_lobster

Reaction score
About a year and a half ago, I had a Ural sidecar attached to the side of my GSA. Great fun, but problems soon started with it.

image-L.jpg

The front top mount broke at 85mph on the A1, an interesting time followed. Think trying to control a plate of blancmange. A while later the rear mount snapped, soon followed by the front again. Came to the conclusion that the thing was an accident waiting to continually happen, and as my son wanted to come for rides with me, something needed to be done.

So hopped on the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, and had EZS build this for me. Only picked it up last week.......

image-L.jpg

The work by EZS is absolutely superb. Everything is engineered properly, with no play at all in the subframe, and the outfit handles so much better now.

I'd already had a 15" car rear tyre conversion, and a telelever mod to ease up the steering. Now i'm looking forward to some snow please :)

Not bad at all, followed a German regd twin cam R1200GSA outfit off the south side of the Grossglockner in July, similar to yours but running smaller diameter cars wheels and tyres all around.
It was being ridden with considerable verve until the rider made a couple of shall we say over enthusiastic overtakes and got a good punching off the car passenger and what looked like a real earbashing.
With the smaller wheels and lower gearing it had fantastic drive out of the bends up to 80mph or so.

Those EZs chairs are lovely and look great on a GS - nice one!

When you mention having the telelever altered what was involved?

Andres

I saw this at the show on Saturday :cool:

F7916E14-B4E8-4B5E-8E00-B5FF1659D956-8653-00000793342DCF0A.jpg

Made :)nenau) by SBW OF HERTFORD, I've seen it at their showroom. Top quality bit of kit, especially the humungous GSA ally luggage, with fittings removed and then sprayed up.

For that price I'd expect them to supply the GSA & chauffeur (sp?) me about as well.

It's the wrong-hand for UK.

They had a UK version fitted to an ADV there too.

Fantastic piece of kit, with the exception of the internal mounting of the rear box. Very poorly thought out IMO. And of course the price that makes it almost completely untenable to 99% of would be Hack riders. :blast

Val.

Back
Top Bottom