SPC. crap! o yes!!

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i will give further details when i have calmed down... Went there today to view and possibly buy a s/h HONDA F6C. arrived at 8.50 and spoke to the salesman and x policeman tim, he took all my bikes details and checked the px price with the owner (previously known as ronnie) I moved to one side, so that tim could book out a pre arranged demonstrator, ronnie then came over, took the F6C documents, tim asked what was happening? ronnie had sold the bike!
So i confonted ronnie, and after no suiable explanation of his tatal unethical behavour i called him a little shit and left the building, never, ever will i go there again, unless it changes hands.. nick

I was in SPC earlier at 10:30 today. Got chatting with a chap who had come to pick up a nice shiney s/h Black HONDA F6C, hard panniers etc. Looked nice Nick no wonder you are pissed.

Baz

Nick, One of these?

mvc016s.jpg

You didn't really want one did you!!:eek:

Ronnie is a toss pot, I think he has been known to do this loads, victim of his own success.

Nob in my view, never liked him.

Lucky Escape

After spending 5 days touring up the Scottish highlands last September with a mate who has one, I think you've had a lucky escape. The thing is awful on twisty roads, especially if there's any bumps etc; Big and comfy, loads of torque, but absolutely awful in other respects. The guy himself (who's only owned it about 4 months- this was his first long run) stated he was going to get shut of it as soon as he got back.
Even my Harley superglide sport was running rings around it!!

ronnie?????

Can i just ask if this "Ronnie" is Scottish Ronnie, formally of DK in Newcastle-under-Lyme and prior to that selling to BFPO service men ( and of course wimmin) in Germany???

Phil :beerjug:

Self same thing happened to me at a bike shop some years ago, the owner went on to become owner of his own solus dealership in Kent - I vowed never to buy another bike of him, I've since bought six and none from him and I see no reason to alter that arrangement..

Some dealers don't like the free press dished out round these parts but if that's the services dished out then fair play I say.

Maybe SPC would like to add their piece to this, as other dealers seem to feel appropriate to do, we know they'll read it.

As for pissing of uber bike buyer Nick Marshall, even at the busiest dealers in the South of the country that can't be seen as a clever tactical move.

Got to agree with you, i,m still waiting for mi sump guard from wunder wen ya get it or is it wundershite

ronnie

the little twits name isnt ronniie. it`s just that he looks and is as short as ronnie corbett, that everyone use to call him ronnie until the SPC family gave up on the buisness, and he took over..or should i say under..dont know it`s real name.. someone out there will...nick

I went up to SPC about seven weeks ago to view and test ride a secondhand R12GS. The fallback was to order a new one.

I was so plssed off with the superior attitude of salesman Tim and tiny owner that I exited, vowing not to do business with them, and went immediately to SLM where I placed an order for a new R12GS.

Only goes to reinforce the fact that you buy from people, not organisations.

Tim

Know the feeling

Once was going to buy a Bluebird SSS, from a Ford dealer, in the early 80's I might add, all set up for a test drive, turned up with the money, THEY HAD SOLD IT.

Had a rant, in the end, they let me have a year old Y reg XR3 for the same money, threw a RC in and a years W'tee, some times one door shuts but then a far better deal comes your way.

Gary.

The Dogs Bollo**s at the time at 24!!!, had a GS1000S as well.

Nick Marshall said:
i will give further details when i have calmed down... Went there today to view and possibly buy a s/h HONDA F6C. arrived at 8.50 and spoke to the salesman and x policeman tim, he took all my bikes details and checked the px price with the owner (previously known as ronnie) I moved to one side, so that tim could book out a pre arranged demonstrator, ronnie then came over, took the F6C documents, tim asked what was happening? ronnie had sold the bike!

I'm not really sure why you're complaining. You say that you went to view and possibly buy, whilst Rob Simpson was taking money off a firm buyer.

What did you expect Rob Simpson to do - send away a firm buyer just in case you decided to buy?

Maybe I've missed something - were you given first refusal?

:confused:

Greg

Re: ronnie

Nick Marshall said:
the little twits name isnt ronniie. it`s just that he looks and is as short as ronnie corbett, that everyone use to call him ronnie until the SPC family gave up on the buisness, and he took over..or should i say under..dont know it`s real name.. someone out there will...nick

Rob Simpson used to own RGS Motorcycles in south London and had a half(?) share in SPC. When RGS closed a couple of years ago, Ron became the dealer principal at SPC. Steve Crockett left about 12 months ago.

G

Have to say I agree with Greg.

Seems to be a bit of sour grapes . Did they say they would hold the bike for you?

Did you put a deposit down .

Hardly seems unreasonable for a bike dealer to sell a bike really.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Greg/ming

My understanding is that Nick (he does buy in excess of 30 bikes a year) Marshall was doing the deal when the paperwork was taken, surely it is manners to ask why the papers are out in front of another customer. The reason why he hadn't finished the deal is because Tim (Nice but dim) had to arrange 3 demos for other customers and left Nick 3 times to arrange this I understand.

To see Nick this worked up is quite something, he is a gent and quite relaxed with a take or leave it attitude normally.

Maybe you now understand better? He was kept waiting, being polite but the deal wasn't finished.

Glad it wasn't me, ronnie would be quite unwell if it had of happened to me.

N

Commuter said:
My understanding is that Nick Marshall was doing the deal when the paperwork was taken, ...

That's fair enough rant reason, but Nick didn't actually say that in his original posting.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom