K100 tank swop; never done it-wot can i get wrong?!

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So,
i come out this morning to a flat battery and a pissing tank. :rolleyes:
Great start to the day ~ i have to chair the MAG AGM later on. :blast
So,
i cant do anything about it til Wednesday (long story) then take a day off :mad: and swop with the tank that our Great Angel Of The North (Dr. Farkoff :D) provided. :thumb2
So,
here's the thing - never done this job before.
Is it straightforward to swop out the filter?
Is there owt else in there that i can feck up? :nenau :D
Sorry - i haven't done a search. Hoping to come back to this on Wednesday and IF (when :augie) it gives trouble - i can look here for piss tak.... i mean assistance and wise words.

Thank you all in advance - i loves you dearly. :kissy2

Marc,

It shouldn't take more than an hour even if you are swapping the filter.

As your bike is now naked, there's only the two clips at the rear (if they are still there),lift the rear of the tank and it should come backwards a few inches to let you get at the two fuel lines held with jubilee clips at the front left and one electrical connector that needs to be disconnected (at the rear right-hand side).

Take the filler cap out, four countersunk screws and hook the fuel line with the filter up, undo one jubilee clip and the filter will pull out of the neck so you can get at the other fuel line.

Just make certain that the filter goes in the correct way round, the arrow shows the fuel flow direction.

K75S%20%2855%29-M.jpg

Murphy was a bastard.

Marc,
It shouldn't take more than an hour even if you are swapping the filter. ...
Bwhahahahahahaaaa! ... :blast yeah. In theory.
I'll keep my landline phone handy in the garage today

OR send me a message and I'll call you
The chat was most helpful - Ta :thumb2

Murphy Law states that things happen in inverse proportion to their desirablity.
All that could, did go wrong! :D
~ one buggered screw head on filler cap - took an hour or so to remove screw.
~ get to the point i've got a near empty tank - now, to pump out dregs of old fuel - til i see/smell fresh fuel- i hit starter button. no flow - pump is still and silent.
Bollox!
sod it - i'll just use what i know works; the one in the old tank - i'm using the filter anyway.
Swop out the filter and pump - grand. Hit the starter again....
Feck!
Still nothing happening.
WTF? :confused:
By now i wonder if the fumes are getting to me. It must be a simple problem. :nenau
Wiring? :confused:
I hate electrics! :tears
A miracle;
i suss the problem fairly quickly by putting my right hand in the tank, my left hand jiggling the connector block at the back of the tank and hitting the starter button with my nose.
Yes. Seriously. :rolleyes:
Can i fix it-no it's fucked.
Being from the blunt school of mechanics i snip the wires either side of the block and join them together with a domestic screw-in-the-wires-either-side block.

Sorted. :)

Oh - the 'new' tank does need just a touch of paint. :augie It's presently white and bare Ali in a charming 'blotch' pattern. :pullface

Ta for the help guys. Never had a Bike with fool injection and such gubbinery inside a tank before.
Thank You. :beerjug:

I'm off for a fag. :p

Being from the blunt school of mechanics i snip the wires either side of the block and join them together with a domestic screw-in-the-wires-either-side block.

Jaysus H!!!!!! I wanna see a pic of that maybe I don;t But I really should Jaysus NOW I am really scared!!!

Oh - the 'new' tank does need just a touch of paint. :augie It's presently white and bare Ali in a charming 'blotch' pattern.

Fuck me you have had it long enough :augie :augie :augie

i suss the problem fairly quickly by putting my right hand in the tank, my left hand jiggling the connector block at the back of the tank and hitting the starter button with my nose.

So, you'd do the same, right? :nenau

:augie

:D

Back
Top Bottom