2012 European Sidecar Rally (EGT)

Twistgrip

Reaction score
A few pics that I took at this years European Sidecar Rally in Weiswampach,Luxembourg. This year was not such a good turnout,only 1600 outfits! Next year's rally will be in Reddighausen,Germany

088.jpg

056-Copy2.jpg

051-Copy.jpg

053-Copy2.jpg

028-1.jpg

Quite intrigued by this one:

028-1.jpg

It just 'feels' that there's too much weight too far forwards on that chair.....from all the reading and weight distribution/geometry plans I've been looking at for our own build, that shouldn't work very well at all :nenau

Or has that spare wheel just been put on the front for the weekend so they can unload the back of the chair? :blast

A few pics that I took at this years European Sidecar Rally in Weiswampach,Luxembourg. This year was not such a good turnout,only 1600 outfits! Next year's rally will be in Reddighausen,Germany

088.jpg

053-Copy2.jpg

A chair on a CBX :eek: NOOOOOO! That's just so wrong!!

That second one though, any more shots and what bike is it, I'm liking that a lot :)

IMHO Euro outfits (especially those craaaazy Dutch) are, on the whole, so much better than UK produced ones, I wonder why that is :nenau

Andres

IMHO Euro outfits (especially those craaaazy Dutch) are, on the whole, so much better than UK produced ones, I wonder why

Because they don't keep one foot stuck in the 1950's...

Sidecars are just too much of a minority interest here for it to really get going.

And when you think that new Outfits can cost £20k to build, it's not hard to see why.

And the same bikes get shunted 'round the s/hand market, getting a new owner every few years...

Because they don't keep one foot stuck in the 1950's...

Sidecars are just too much of a minority interest here for it to really get going.

And when you think that new Outfits can cost £20k to build, it's not hard to see why.

And the same bikes get shunted 'round the s/hand market, getting a new owner every few years...

Very true, I was just wondering why our continental cousins (Dutch/Belgium/French) are so much more into outfits :nenau

Andres

Quite intrigued by this one:

028-1.jpg

It just 'feels' that there's too much weight too far forwards on that chair.....from all the reading and weight distribution/geometry plans I've been looking at for our own build, that shouldn't work very well at all :nenau

Or has that spare wheel just been put on the front for the weekend so they can unload the back of the chair? :blast

Go to http://wherethehellismurph.blogspot.co.uk/ All the info is there. I spoke with him at the rally,that's where he set off from on his RTW trip. The outfit was built in Germany,and it works perfectly!

I well remember Federation of Sidecar Club rally's where we'd be lucky to get a dozen Outfits...

It certainly is more popular in Europe.

That'll be one of the member clubs' rally. Although I have known the FoSC Annual rally have less than 50 outfits!!!! At its best (late 70s early 80s) I think there were only 400ish outfits.

I do remember turning up at one clubs' rally and apart from a solo we were the only ones there - not even the organisers turned up!!! The weather was shite, so after a night down the pub and a night in a collapsing tent, we packed up on the Saturday morning and went home. Apparently the organisers decided the weather was so bad they'd cancel, but didn't have the decency to at least send someone along to let us know :mad:

(They were the "good" old days :thumb )

That'll be one of the member clubs' rally. Although I have known the FoSC Annual rally have less than 50 outfits!!!! At its best (late 70s early 80s) I think there were only 400ish outfits.

I do remember turning up at one clubs' rally and apart from a solo we were the only ones there - not even the organisers turned up!!! The weather was shite, so after a night down the pub and a night in a collapsing tent, we packed up on the Saturday morning and went home. Apparently the organisers decided the weather was so bad they'd cancel, but didn't have the decency to at least send someone along to let us know :mad:

(They were the "good" old days :thumb )

Good old days indeed :D I was in the London Sidecar Club (and on't committee of the club late 80's/early 90's) and used to go to all the FOSC do's and most of the Mancunian ones - probably at some of the same rallies as you :thumb2

Andres

Good old days indeed :D I was in the London Sidecar Club (and on't committee of the club late 80's/early 90's) and used to go to all the FOSC do's and most of the Mancunian ones - probably at some of the same rallies as you :thumb2

Andres

Probably my dad too :rob

He was a Fed member from the early 60s and a life member till he oassed away in '99 :(

I've been a Fed member since early 80s and done my "time" on the Fed committee, Duplicating Services (IT newsletter - Handbook), A/S Organiser, Membership Secretary & Treasurer. We also founded the S.A.D. club (Sidecar Associates Dorset) and I still belong to Culm Vale SCC and have close links with the Phoenix (ex Bristol) SCC :thumb2

I suppose I'm gonna have to get some old sidecar photos scanned and added to this section :augie

Back
Top Bottom