Gresford Classic Trials-This Weekend-02/12/2012.

Cheers Mark had a drive bout didnt fin it im afraid!
2 useless sat navs

I'm not surprised...I got in an hour's greenlaning to find the place. :blast
I swear that I've seen more people when riding through the Vallee du Draa this year that getting to that place.

It was a good day out though. Pictures shortly.

The big red arrows off the A5 were a clue:thumb

saw the one off the a5 then next mini roundabout went left and never saw another, followed crap nav for a bit before the kids and dog started to whine and fornd a path and went for a walk:mad:

saw the one off the a5 then next mini roundabout went left and never saw another, followed crap nav for a bit before the kids and dog started to whine and fornd a path and went for a walk:mad:

It was straight on at the mini roundabout. There was an arrow there. I spotted it but the driver didn't so it was a little hard to spot.:blast

The first sections looked the more difficult from a spectators point of veiw. There were ten observed sections with beginner, clubmans and elite markers for each section and a clearly increasing skill required depending upon how good you think you are.

This is somewhere around Section 3. If you are riding in the Elite Class then it's expected that you have ride up and down the banks as well as through the stream...

DSC02465.jpg

If you're doing this for a few hours on a Sunday it looks like a good way of avoiding the cold on a cold day in Wales...

DSC02467.jpg

This was Section 5 and was very difficult after for some after scores of riders had worn away the surface grip. I heard later that many tree roots had become exposed between these early sections and posed new challenges as the day progressed.

DSC02468.jpg

It looked like there were some easier sections after the woodland stream but it was still to be a watery trial today and even though there's less distractions than when riding through the trees, it's probably just as challenging to maintain forward momentum and keep your feet off the ground to avoid losing points...

This Geezer had a nice Honda TLR and rode it well...

DSC02441.jpg

It seemed to be the simple matter of getting in and out of the stream through the lap...

DSC02443.jpg

...but that lap took skill and judgement.

DSC02444.jpg

I thought that some sections looked easier than others and that some of the clubmans & elite class routes didn't look like they were too difficult but, I wasn't riding and I wasn't looking for points in the final standings for the day.

DSC02445.jpg

Even though his number is 46 and he's on a Yamaha let me assure you it is not Valentino Rossi. It was one very nice bike amongst many seen today.

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

This Geezer gave my TTR an MOT this week although...

DSC02450.jpg

...he is riding a modern trials bike. :augie I can't hold that against him because he gave the bike another ticket for another years riding. :thumb

DSC02451.jpg

Our very own earthmover seemed to be having a good day...

DSC02454.jpg

...but I don't think the ChestCam images from the GoPro are going to be seeing any Oscars next year.

DSC02455.jpg

Keep moving! Faster is probably better through this section on my bike. :nenau

DSC02457.jpg

Bounce, bounce, bounce! Momentum is everything to keep your bike on line as far as I know and minimises the effort this rider made to avoid losing any points here...

DSC02462.jpg

Overall it was another good day out watching some motorcyle sport and again I met some people I know and many I hadn't until today.

This Geezer below I had met once before (at the wheel builders) and I was told he is 80 years old: It may have been 70 but I can't remember. I'll find out this week when I call in for a brew.

DSC02463.jpg

I might be wrong but I think the yellow number 46 is Tim Wheeler, Although he is quite guarded about the engine in it it looks like a DT 175 derivertive the last time I was up close to it.
Do they have an air cooled mono class for my ty250?

Is that wheelbuilder Mr Jones from just outside Shrewsbury?

Is that wheelbuilder Mr Jones from just outside Shrewsbury?

Maybe? In Tattenhall, Cheshire.

The Old Geezer, whose name I can't remember, was the original owner of the company as is still a prolific motorcyclist. :)

I might be wrong but I think the yellow number 46 is Tim Wheeler, Although he is quite guarded about the engine in it it looks like a DT 175 derivertive the last time I was up close to it.
Do they have an air cooled mono class for my ty250?

Different bloke, and it's a 270 Majesty, with lots of very trick bits on it.
Both Gresford and Aqueduct clubs have a class for air cooled monos, as well as more modern bikes. I've never heard of anyone being turned away.
Was a good trial yesterday, the emphasis being on making fewer mistakes. There was only one section that could have been a show stopper (No 5) but if you didn't like wet rocks and stream sections you wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom