Luggage for Griso?

Fitzie

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Griso which I love and tour on extensively as it's so comfortable. However the original Guzzi panniers are far too small and i'm thinking of buying the Hepco & Becker ones as they appear to be the only decent suppliers who have the Griso fittings off the shelf. Just wondered if anybody here has fitted these or alternative hard panniers to their Griso or other Guzzi?

I put the H & B frame, top box and panniers on - they fit well and work well but spoil the looks, of course.

Try a visit to Moto-Bins - they did me a good deal. I bought the frames online and fitted them and then drove up and tried a few different sizes.

The bike is quite wide with them on but they do take a lot of gear - and no damage at all to the bike when we fell off with them on :).

I only use them when I have to but they do their job well.

Good to hear of another Griso rider, good fun aren't they.

What about Giant Loop pannier bags? Quite a bit of room and no bolting anything on to the bike...

http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/soft-luggage-giantloop-great-basin.html

gl-great-basin-bike1.jpg

I have a 2007 Griso which I love and tour on extensively as it's so comfortable.

Blimey, I couldn't ride more than 50 miles on my 1200 griso before serious arse ache set in. It's why i sold it.

Blimey, I couldn't ride more than 50 miles on my 1200 griso before serious arse ache set in. It's why i sold it.
Been all over Europe often up to 400 miles a day and no arse ache whatsoever, in fact I still use the original saddle whereas on my GS's I had to buy the Touratech one just to get comfy. A really greatly underrated touring bike which is why I want some decent panniers. It will also scratch and handle the mountain twisties with relish.
Thanks for all the advice and comments.

Fitze, I know its not what your after but...I still have the O.E magnetic tank bag from my 2007 griso, yours for postage if you want it? P.M me.

Fitze, I know its not what your after but...I still have the O.E magnetic tank bag from my 2007 griso, yours for postage if you want it? P.M me.

Rom, if Fitze doesn't want the tank bag and you still want to get rid of it I'll have it off you please for some beer tokens and post :beerjug:

Andres

I fitted the Hepco & Becker frames and panniers to my '57 Griso and toured France but subsequently removed them because my lady prefers touring on the GS. I still have the frames and panniers (used once!) and was going to put them on e-bay but if you're interested am open to reasonable offers for everything apart from the rear rack.

Pictures here (hopefully will work as first go!):

GrisoPannier1a.jpg

GrisoPannier2.jpg

GrisoPannier3a.jpg

GrisoPannier4a.jpg

GrisoPannier5.jpg

I fitted the Hepco & Becker frames and panniers to my '57 Griso and toured France but subsequently removed them because my lady prefers touring on the GS. I still have the frames and panniers (used once!) and was going to put them on e-bay but if you're interested am open to reasonable offers for everything apart from the rear rack.

Pictures here (hopefully will work as first go!):

GrisoPannier1a.jpg

GrisoPannier2.jpg

GrisoPannier3a.jpg

GrisoPannier4a.jpg

GrisoPannier5.jpg

Yes definitely interested please give me your best price and whereabouts as i may be avble to collect them. My e-mail is steve@fm-h.co.uk or PM me

Outomunch,
Sorry mate, Andrew D from this parish beat you to it.

Back
Top Bottom