Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staffordshire Tossers Do 19-20-21 July '13

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Staffordshire Tossers Do 19-20-21 July '13

Having got positive posts about the intended 'do', here's the plan so far.

I've a couple of fields in North Staffs laying about doing very little, 10 miles from the edge of the Peak District.I am opening it up to you lot for a meet over the weekend of 19th 20th and 21st July next year.
    there's enough flatish land for plenty of tents and wobblyboxes, there is electric and water on site and a barn big enough to hold 30. I'll get a 'festival' style toilet and can rig up a washroom with hot and cold.
    At this stage it looks like being a fairly simple do, but we'll have a saturday night bonfire and I'll supply the spuds and fillings for them. There will be free tea and coffee all weekend, a big fridge for the beer, a couple of microwaves, kettles etc.
    Proff will bring some liquid Devon delights, and there should be some of my alcoholic offerings as well.
    There are several supermarkets within 5 miles, a Sainsburys about a mile away and an offie about a mile as well.
    The event will be free, with no supported charidies or any hidden costs for those who attend.
    If someone wants to organise a ride-out or two, I will start a thread for it, same for any other off-site activities.
    Post code for the area is ST7 3PS.

Here's a close-up, the kite shaped fields left and right of the barns

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/myplac...ctz=0&t=h&z=19
    Last edited by Bill-H; 03-12-12 at 19:00. Reason: sp
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

cow mop doo!

count me in on this one good buddie

Caravan

There is an old - but dry- caravan on site which will sleep four, a double and 2 singles/large double. The fixed double mattress is rather lumpy if I remember, there's a microwave, fridge and kettle in there, but little else. If you don't have or can't borrow any camping gear, you can draw straws for it.

i was gonna bag that but im only 25 miles away lol

if the irish make an appearance then

Quote Originally Posted by Hairnet600 View Post
    i was gonna bag that but im only 25 miles away lol

if the irish make an appearance then
    If you want a bed in it, that's fine by me, do you want me to stick you on the attendee list?

no sir - ill be camping

people going who are more deserving (and old )

had a trailer of best quality muck tipped today, when it's dug in, the STD baked potatoes will be planted in it, so a start has been made.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Put me down for the Rideouts...

If I can help I only live down the road from the site, so if anyone wants a ride out,I can do some routes.

Merry Christmas

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by advancedbiker View Post
    If I can help I only live down the road from the site, so if anyone wants a ride out,I can do some routes.

Merry Christmas

Nigel
    Thanks for the offer Nigel, I'll put you down in the ride section for now, it will be nearer the date before we know how many want to go on a ride out, so there may be more than one over the weekend. Come along anyway, day trippers welcome, and if you succumb to the alcohol there's space in the haystack to crash

A misty day up here today and this evening, roll on July

Up above the mist laying in the valley, bit of frost on the Peaks in the distance peeping out over the top of Biddulph Moor

are we nearly there yet

roll on july ffs

Bugger off, I've 2 weeks in Tuscany before this

Arrival date and time

I've had requests for peeps to come up on the Thursday, but it's not really practical, there will be no toilets and a chap who lives opposite has several noisy dogs in a compound. He's made comitment to put them in kennels from Friday to Sunday, so, sorry boys and girls, Friday from mid morning is the earliest you can arrive.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    There is an old - but dry- caravan on site which will sleep four, a double and 2 singles/large double. The fixed double mattress is rather lumpy if I remember, there's a microwave, fridge and kettle in there, but little else. If you don't have or can't borrow any camping gear, you can draw straws for it.
    Perhaps put me down for a berth in this Bill, as I'll not be leaving until late so more than likely will get there when dusk is in full effect....I'll bring s/bag etc.....oh, and does it whiff ...I can always bring one of these......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Bouncer View Post
    Perhaps put me down for a berth in this Bill, as I'll not be leaving until late so more than likely will get there when dusk is in full effect....I'll bring s/bag etc.....oh, and does it whiff ...I can always bring one of these......
    It doesn't whiff, it's just old ( and owned by an airhead owner )
    There's a fixed double at one end which is somewhat lumpy if I recall. I'll get a pitchfork so will clear it out for you

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    It doesn't whiff, it's just old ( and owned by an airhead owner )
    There's a fixed double at one end which is somewhat lumpy if I recall. I'll get a pitchfork so will clear it out for you
    Rocking....I'll bring le sleeping kit and mat etc....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast