Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Staffordshire Tossers Do 19-20-21 July '13

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    had a trailer of best quality muck tipped today, when it's dug in, the STD baked potatoes will be planted in it, so a start has been made.
    How are them spuds doing? Have you been playing them recordings of classical music and talking to them?

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The main crop (baking) potatoes won't be ready in time as it was too cold to plant them 'till May, but there's a load of early (new) ones which will be ready to be used on Saturday's buffet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Not Long Now

Time seems to be galloping away, and there are now less than two weeks to go.
    Many of you haven't been to a Tossers do before, so just to make you aware of of a few things.

The site is not some commercial set up, it's my own land, and as such might seem a bit basic. You all attend at your own risk, and if you are prone to falling over, stabbing yourself with a fork, upending your bike in a rut, falling in the bonfire, getting stung by flying insects and the like, can you please go out the gate onto the public road before you do it.
    There is only a soak-away for the water (and I'm on a meter), so if we can use it sparingly it would be appreciated. I've set up a wash room and there will be portable loos.
    I'll park an airhead GS at the end of the drive, you will see it as you come up Tower Hill road. If your satnav brings you DOWN Tower Hill road, you'll sail straight past the enterance as it's obscured by the hedge, so when you come to a small cross roads (there's only one), do an about turn and the site is a couple of hundred yards up the road from there. You will most likely see my polytunnel and 'new' barn as you come up the road, just so you know you are in the right place.
    There should be enough wood for a bonfire both nights, and I'll dig some turf out so you can have a couple of camp fires as well.
    There are enough paper/polystyrene plates and cups, plastic drinks glasses and plastic cutlery to go round, so unless you prefer your own crockery and irons, there's no need to bring any. Tea,coffee and some soft drinks will be there all day, as will a quantity of alcohol in various guises.
    I've bought a Tesco sim card phone number 07934 ******, this will be switched on from lunchtime on the Friday until Sunday afternoon. If you have a problem or get lost ,ring the number so we can all have a laugh at your expense
    A nice comfy sleeping mat might be an idea, as will one of those disk things for putting under your side stand.

See you all soon
    Bill

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bill,
    Your taking a big risk leaving the Airhead at the gate

Time seems to be galloping away, and there are now less than two weeks to go.
    Many of you haven't been to a Tossers do before, so just to make you aware of of a few things.

The site is not some commercial set up, it's my own land, and as such might seem a bit basic. You all attend at your own risk, and if you are prone to falling over, stabbing yourself with a fork, upending your bike in a rut, falling in the bonfire, getting stung by flying insects and the like, can you please go out the gate onto the public road before you do it.
    There is only a soak-away for the water (and I'm on a meter), so if we can use it sparingly it would be appreciated. I've set up a wash room and there will be portable loos.
    I'll park an airhead GS at the end of the drive, you will see it as you come up Tower Hill road. If your satnav brings you DOWN Tower Hill road, you'll sail straight past the enterance as it's obscured by the hedge, so when you come to a small cross roads (there's only one), do an about turn and the site is a couple of hundred yards up the road from there. You will most likely see my polytunnel and 'new' barn as you come up the road, just so you know you are in the right place.
    There should be enough wood for a bonfire both nights, and I'll dig some turf out so you can have a couple of camp fires as well.
    There are enough paper/polystyrene plates and cups, plastic drinks glasses and plastic cutlery to go round, so unless you prefer your own crockery and irons, there's no need to bring any. Tea,coffee and some soft drinks will be there all day, as will a quantity of alcohol in various guises.
    I've bought a Tesco sim card phone number 07934 ******, this will be switched on from lunchtime on the Friday until Sunday afternoon. If you have a problem or get lost ,ring the number so we can all have a laugh at your expense
    A nice comfy sleeping mat might be an idea, as will one of those disk things for putting under your side stand.

See you all soon
    Bill
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by MATKAT View Post
    Bill,
    Your taking a big risk leaving the Airhead at the gate

I'm not leaving it there until 19th , I'll be putting it out on the day with a big lock and chain round the gate post, and anyway no-one would nick it - the carbs need tuning.

Reality you can rely on...
    ...and anyway no-one would nick it - the carbs need tuning.
    don't they always...

BMW K1100LT (1995).

Harley FXST (1989).

My Photos

More Photos

'What I'm out for is a good time,

All the rest is propaganda!'

I'm not leaving it there until 19th , I'll be putting it out on the day with a big lock and chain round the gate post, and anyway no-one would nick it - the carbs need tuning.
    I was going to bring a van, I'll just come on the bike now

Me and mr badger have to duck out I'm afraid... :

Have a fab time folks xx

Hope to see some of you at BB3...

Just leave room

For my little wobbly box its got all the food in it
    I'D Rather be a live hasbeen than a dead Wanabee....

Cooked meats and cheeses ordered for buffet, firewood has just turned up - there's enough for a fire both nights by the look of it, and perhaps some left over for a spit roast mammoth or two

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Evening you load of reprobates.
    Tomorrow I'll ask if the Ciderminer will take direct orders from you and will let you pay online. I'll collect it next Wednesday and transport it up to you.
    DON'T order till I've set it up.....
    I will be bringing 2 x 20 liter Poly Boxes for your consumption.
    So collecting yours is not a problem.
    I'd recommend either 10 liter or 20 liter poly's as it lasts better in this heat.
    A 5 liter plastic bottle will go off if not drunk within 24 hours, whereas poly will keep for up to 4 weeks after opening...
    If everything is ok I'll post the cidermines number tomorrow. and a price list.
    REMEMBER the one I always get is the AUTUMN MIX SCRUMPY... @ supposedly 7.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    If everything is ok I'll post the cidermines number tomorrow. and a price list.
    REMEMBER the one I always get is the AUTUMN MIX SCRUMPY... @ supposedly 27.5%
    Fixed it for you, I lost a whole day at the Hograost on that stuff

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe

CIDER.. not fucking CIDRE !!!!!

Okey Dokey.
    Cidermine is very happy for you to order and pay, I'll pick up on Wednesday.
    Deliver it up to STD on the Thursday night for you lot ready on Friday..
    I'm personally bringing 40 liters, no charge, when it's gone, it's gone.....
    Here's price list and phone number

http://www.winkleighcider.com/shop-prices.html

They know me as Keith or Proff ...
    I can bring as much as you want. so don't worry

Old enough to know better Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks Proff

Knowing that you also like spirits I'm bringing a little something for you to try I think you'll like it

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    Evening you load of reprobates.

A 5 liter plastic bottle will go off if not drunk within 24 hours, whereas poly will keep for up to 4 weeks after opening...

Rubbish!
    I've been buying and drinking the stuff for years and a polybox has NEVER lasted anything like 4 weeks after opening. Best I ever managed was less than a week.

Looks like I won't be coming in the Hymer as engine no. 2 is just as fecked as the original engine. Mechanic is hoping to rebuild both and make one good engine out of the two but that will take a while. Looks like I'll have to come up on the 1100.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Looks like I'll have to come up on the 1100.
    Radical thinking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast