Staffordshire Tossers Do 19-20-21 July '13

Bill-H

Di-di-dah-dit di-di-dah
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having got positive posts about the intended 'do', here's the plan so far.

I've a couple of fields in North Staffs laying about doing very little, 10 miles from the edge of the Peak District.I am opening it up to you lot for a meet over the weekend of 19th 20th and 21st July next year.
there's enough flatish land for plenty of tents and wobblyboxes, there is electric and water on site and a barn big enough to hold 30. I'll get a 'festival' style toilet and can rig up a washroom with hot and cold.
At this stage it looks like being a fairly simple do, but we'll have a saturday night bonfire and I'll supply the spuds and fillings for them. There will be free tea and coffee all weekend, a big fridge for the beer, a couple of microwaves, kettles etc.
Proff will bring some liquid Devon delights, and there should be some of my alcoholic offerings as well.
There are several supermarkets within 5 miles, a Sainsburys about a mile away and an offie about a mile as well.
The event will be free, with no supported charidies or any hidden costs for those who attend.
If someone wants to organise a ride-out or two, I will start a thread for it, same for any other off-site activities.
Post code for the area is ST7 3PS.

Here's a close-up, the kite shaped fields left and right of the barns

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/mypla...91&spn=0.001174,0.002894&gl=uk&ctz=0&t=h&z=19

Last edited:
Caravan

There is an old - but dry- caravan on site which will sleep four, a double and 2 singles/large double. The fixed double mattress is rather lumpy if I remember, there's a microwave, fridge and kettle in there, but little else. If you don't have or can't borrow any camping gear, you can draw straws for it.

i was gonna bag that but im only 25 miles away lol

if the irish make an appearance then :thumb

i was gonna bag that but im only 25 miles away lol

if the irish make an appearance then :thumb

If you want a bed in it, that's fine by me, do you want me to stick you on the attendee list?

no sir - ill be camping

people going who are more deserving (and old :D)

had a trailer of best quality muck tipped today, when it's dug in, the STD baked potatoes will be planted in it, so a start has been made.

Attachments

• muck bonfire.jpg
    muck bonfire.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 862
Put me down for the Rideouts...

If I can help I only live down the road from the site, so if anyone wants a ride out,I can do some routes.

Merry Christmas

Nigel

If I can help I only live down the road from the site, so if anyone wants a ride out,I can do some routes.

Merry Christmas

Nigel
Thanks for the offer Nigel, I'll put you down in the ride section for now, it will be nearer the date before we know how many want to go on a ride out, so there may be more than one over the weekend. Come along anyway, day trippers welcome, and if you succumb to the alcohol there's space in the haystack to crash:rolleyes:

A misty day up here today and this evening, roll on July :)

Up above the mist laying in the valley, bit of frost on the Peaks in the distance peeping out over the top of Biddulph Moor

Attachments

• mist peaks1.jpg
    mist peaks1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 892
  • misty day.jpg
    misty day.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 860
  • misty night.jpg
    misty night.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 837
Arrival date and time

I've had requests for peeps to come up on the Thursday, but it's not really practical, there will be no toilets and a chap who lives opposite has several noisy dogs in a compound. He's made comitment to put them in kennels from Friday to Sunday, so, sorry boys and girls, Friday from mid morning is the earliest you can arrive.
Bill

There is an old - but dry- caravan on site which will sleep four, a double and 2 singles/large double. The fixed double mattress is rather lumpy if I remember, there's a microwave, fridge and kettle in there, but little else. If you don't have or can't borrow any camping gear, you can draw straws for it.

Perhaps put me down for a berth in this Bill, as I'll not be leaving until late so more than likely will get there when dusk is in full effect....I'll bring s/bag etc.....oh, and does it whiff :D...I can always bring one of these......:JB

Attachments

• Glade.jpg
    Glade.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 514
Perhaps put me down for a berth in this Bill, as I'll not be leaving until late so more than likely will get there when dusk is in full effect....I'll bring s/bag etc.....oh, and does it whiff :D...I can always bring one of these......:JB

It doesn't whiff, it's just old ( and owned by an airhead owner :D)
There's a fixed double at one end which is somewhat lumpy if I recall. I'll get a pitchfork so will clear it out for you :thumb

It doesn't whiff, it's just old ( and owned by an airhead owner :D)
There's a fixed double at one end which is somewhat lumpy if I recall. I'll get a pitchfork so will clear it out for you :thumb

Rocking....I'll bring le sleeping kit and mat etc....:thumb

had a trailer of best quality muck tipped today, when it's dug in, the STD baked potatoes will be planted in it, so a start has been made.

How are them spuds doing? Have you been playing them recordings of classical music and talking to them? :blagblah

The main crop (baking) potatoes won't be ready in time as it was too cold to plant them 'till May, but there's a load of early (new) ones which will be ready to be used on Saturday's buffet.

Attachments

• spuds.jpg
    spuds.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 295
Not Long Now

Time seems to be galloping away, and there are now less than two weeks to go.
Many of you haven't been to a Tossers do before, so just to make you aware of of a few things.

The site is not some commercial set up, it's my own land, and as such might seem a bit basic. You all attend at your own risk, and if you are prone to falling over, stabbing yourself with a fork, upending your bike in a rut, falling in the bonfire, getting stung by flying insects and the like, can you please go out the gate onto the public road before you do it.
There is only a soak-away for the water (and I'm on a meter), so if we can use it sparingly it would be appreciated. I've set up a wash room and there will be portable loos.
I'll park an airhead GS at the end of the drive, you will see it as you come up Tower Hill road. If your satnav brings you DOWN Tower Hill road, you'll sail straight past the enterance as it's obscured by the hedge, so when you come to a small cross roads (there's only one), do an about turn and the site is a couple of hundred yards up the road from there. You will most likely see my polytunnel and 'new' barn as you come up the road, just so you know you are in the right place.
There should be enough wood for a bonfire both nights, and I'll dig some turf out so you can have a couple of camp fires as well.
There are enough paper/polystyrene plates and cups, plastic drinks glasses and plastic cutlery to go round, so unless you prefer your own crockery and irons, there's no need to bring any. Tea,coffee and some soft drinks will be there all day, as will a quantity of alcohol in various guises.
I've bought a Tesco sim card phone number 07934 ******, this will be switched on from lunchtime on the Friday until Sunday afternoon. If you have a problem or get lost ,ring the number so we can all have a laugh at your expense :p
A nice comfy sleeping mat might be an idea, as will one of those disk things for putting under your side stand.

See you all soon
Bill

Attachments

• pointer.jpg
    pointer.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 268
Bill,
Your taking a big risk leaving the Airhead at the gate :D:eek::blast

Time seems to be galloping away, and there are now less than two weeks to go.
Many of you haven't been to a Tossers do before, so just to make you aware of of a few things.

The site is not some commercial set up, it's my own land, and as such might seem a bit basic. You all attend at your own risk, and if you are prone to falling over, stabbing yourself with a fork, upending your bike in a rut, falling in the bonfire, getting stung by flying insects and the like, can you please go out the gate onto the public road before you do it.
There is only a soak-away for the water (and I'm on a meter), so if we can use it sparingly it would be appreciated. I've set up a wash room and there will be portable loos.
I'll park an airhead GS at the end of the drive, you will see it as you come up Tower Hill road. If your satnav brings you DOWN Tower Hill road, you'll sail straight past the enterance as it's obscured by the hedge, so when you come to a small cross roads (there's only one), do an about turn and the site is a couple of hundred yards up the road from there. You will most likely see my polytunnel and 'new' barn as you come up the road, just so you know you are in the right place.
There should be enough wood for a bonfire both nights, and I'll dig some turf out so you can have a couple of camp fires as well.
There are enough paper/polystyrene plates and cups, plastic drinks glasses and plastic cutlery to go round, so unless you prefer your own crockery and irons, there's no need to bring any. Tea,coffee and some soft drinks will be there all day, as will a quantity of alcohol in various guises.
I've bought a Tesco sim card phone number 07934 ******, this will be switched on from lunchtime on the Friday until Sunday afternoon. If you have a problem or get lost ,ring the number so we can all have a laugh at your expense :p
A nice comfy sleeping mat might be an idea, as will one of those disk things for putting under your side stand.

See you all soon
Bill

Back
Top Bottom