Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: List of those who have expressed interest in attending

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    I was assuming that people who were interested enough to want to come would have read through the thread and seen that the gig was full. The event has been posted up for seven months.
    Now there's a couple of cancelllations, there is room for a couple of my own friends who have made major contributions to the event going ahead, lending me equipment, giving of their own free time helping me to prepare, food etc. They had originally offered to step aside and not attend to allow more room for forum members, but I've deceided to call 'absolute full' and invite them along for my own selfish reasons.

Bill
    That's why I cancelled via PM

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    I was assuming that people who were interested enough to want to come would have read through the thread and seen that the gig was full. The event has been posted up for seven months.
    Now there's a couple of cancelllations, there is room for a couple of my own friends who have made major contributions to the event going ahead, lending me equipment, giving of their own free time helping me to prepare, food etc. They had originally offered to step aside and not attend to allow more room for forum members, but I've deceided to call 'absolute full' and invite them along for my own selfish reasons.

Bill
    Not a selfish bone in your body Bill: This is as selfless a thing as I have ever seen done (The weekend) and you deserve nowt but praise for putting it on.
    If people can't see further than the last post in the thread they fell into it's their own daft fault.
    See you after noon tomorrow.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hooton View Post
    Good for you Bill and I`m now publicly ashamed for not reading the thread & imposing on your kindness.
    Fair play to you Mark, until you put anyone tries to put one of these together they'd never guess the stress levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    Fair play to you Mark, until you put anyone tries to put one of these together they'd never guess the stress levels.
    Yes, with humility I would put my hands up and join the 99% who would never ever have the nuts to do anything like this - I`ve enough stress in my life.

I was lucky enough to get to the airheads bash and it was much the same thing, one guy (Sid) putting himself out for many. It doesn`t lessen me being a tit but I think we all should appreciate what Bill and others do for us all and show due respect (or just a plain thank you normally does it).

It also helps, I hope, to put into true context the unfortunate bickering which happens on the forum when good people are willing to do this. We should really learn.

I don`t wanna get on a soap box, I`ve had my say and realise its very but I`m very clear that if it wasn`t for Bills kindness I wouldn`t be going!

Lets all look forward to a great weekend, some of that `friendship` stuff (which still exists amongst the biking fraternity) and hopefully the sense to say a big thank you to someone who has put himself out.

Feck me, good Englandish and I hadn't had a drink

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hooton View Post
    It also helps, I hope, to put into true context the unfortunate bickering which happens on the forum when good people are willing to do this. We should really learn.

"We should really learn" ????.

Most of the attendees are the very same people who "bicker" with each other most of the time.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    "We should really learn" ????.

Most of the attendees are the very same people who "bicker" with each other most of the time.
    I`ll learn him this weekend
    Google.....Empowering idiots since 1998

Feck me, good Englandish and I hadn't had a drink
    but I got ya drift

Bill,

If the fourth hook-up hasn't been bagged, can I have it please for my camper van? Shall be arriving around tea-time today if you're not too busy to read this

Looking forward to seeing you later,

Phil

I've missed it

I got the wrong dates recorded Bill, I genuinely thought it was next weekend, my fault completely I'm so very, very sorry.

Bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
    I've missed it

I got the wrong dates recorded Bill, I genuinely thought it was next weekend, my fault completely I'm so very, very sorry.

Bugger
    You missed a beltingly fine weekend....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

I want to say a HUGE thank you to Bill for a really great weekend. His generosity, hospitality and sheer workload was both amazing, and to a very large extent, humbling that one person was happy to give so much without wanting ANYTHING in return

The friendliness of everyone there made for a perfect weekend there was this too on Saturday night with jacket spuds for supper.

Bill, the food you laid on for everyone was amazing. I have seen lesser buffets at wedding receptions. You truly are a gent and thank you for keeping the true spirit of what the GS forum and its members are what it is all about.

And as for Proff and his lethal cider thank you for your generosity too

I do hope there will be another one next year. Put my name down for it if there

Cheers,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Reynolds View Post
    His generosity, hospitality and sheer workload was both amazing, and to a very large extent, humbling that one person was happy to give so much without wanting ANYTHING in return
    I think you've just summed Bill up there. Top bloke

What a superdude

Thanks Bill for an absolutely stonking weekend.I can only say i was proud to be on the receiving end of your enormous generosity.
    The food was better than any wedding reception that ive attended.
    Absolutely amazing weekend and can you put me down for the next one please?
    I think youve raised the bar, and the event will be spoken about for years to come.
    Thanks again mate top banana
    Al Jesse panniers for sale , fits a 1200 GS /GSA Air cooled £450 posted.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415