Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flipfly's B road Bimble

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    Sorry Val, not sure where I've been

It's a bimble, so there'll be no need for speed. Might get a bit bumpy in the chair, but it'll all add to the fun

Still need to finalise the route, but there are some belting little roads that criss cross the area.

Don't worry about the bumps Fil, It won't be me in the chair, so no problem there Jill will be on her 100 so looking like the dog will get the honor.

We found some of these little lanes on my fords runs through the Peaks a few years ago, we're in for a treat I think.

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Thumbs up

Hello!

Sounds like a great weekend.

I'll jot it down in the calendar and pass it on to Mr.MoBlo to see if he's interested too.
    Last edited by MoBlo; 13-03-13 at 16:56. Reason: Dumbass forgot to read the rest of the forum, found out where to camp!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've been researching and there are so many tiny little lanes that cross over the derbyshire area. I have pretty much managed to go from Bills house to Derby doing no more than about a mile on A roads

I'm not suggesting we'll be going to Derby, but we will certainly have no worries criss crossing the county taking in the sights and cow poo smells of Derbyshire without going any quicker than a bimble

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

I've been researching and there are so many tiny little lanes that cross over the derbyshire area. I have pretty much managed to go from Bills house to Derby doing no more than about a mile on A roads

I'm not suggesting we'll be going to Derby, but we will certainly have no worries criss crossing the county taking in the sights and cow poo smells of Derbyshire without going any quicker than a bimble

Well done Fil sounds like we're going to have a really good day out. Looking forward to it.

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Just a quick example of what we'll be doing, check out the street view

53.062405,-1.821606 (copy and paste into google maps)

If the weather is shit it's gonna be a bummer, cause this is gods country when the sun is shining!

Also found this little bad boy 53.003151,-1.827207 but I need to see if that bot that crosses the field is just a little rough or too off road. I did promise no off road, but I'm assuming that most people won't mind a solid dirt path. There's no signs of a dead end sign, so this could be a little beaut!

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

If the weather is shit it's gonna be a bummer, cause this is gods country when the sun is shining!

Also found this little bad boy 53.003151,-1.827207 but I need to see if that bot that crosses the field is just a little rough or too off road. I did promise no off road, but I'm assuming that most people won't mind a solid dirt path. There's no signs of a dead end sign, so this could be a little beaut!

Wow! that looks fun.

If it's been dry for a while it'll be easy. Is that a little ford in those trees there?

Val.

Quote Originally Posted by VAL. H. View Post
    Wow! that looks fun.

If it's been dry for a while it'll be easy. Is that a little ford in those trees there?

Val.
    Not sure Val, need to os map it and do a recce. I've found some beautiful roads though, some may be barely wide enough for the chair, that's why I need to recce the route. We basically head over toward alton towers, then pootle around between there and matlock. Probably drop on to matlock bath and then head out to north buxton, down the goyt valley and then cross country back to camp. It'll be a long but fun day in the saddle.

Plenty of opportunities to peel off if anyone wants to shorten the ride, but if they do I think they'll miss out

Fat blokes bounce better

flipfly - Dec 2012

The first version of the route is now plotted on basecamp. I'd love to share it for your perusal, but ot sure how to copy and paste it.

I have included a little bit of A road, but only because some of you won't have experienced the Cat n Fiddle and Matlock bath (quite possible our lunch stop thanks to their excellent chippies n Ice cream ).

If anyone wants to have a peek at the route, let me know how to get the file into a format for you to look at it.

I will be doing a recce in the next couple of weeks if anyone local would like to join me

Fat blokes bounce better

flipfly - Dec 2012

Flipfly,
    Press attachment button,opens a box with file types,find gdb mapsource file as file type,from next box locate file,then press attachment button again. Someone more computer literate may know better. If posting gpx. File they too big. Not sure how to do these. Julie and I hoping to attend but work is a little thin on the ground so not sure we can till nearer the time. Post up when you are going to recce route and will see if I can join you fella.
    Andrew

Challenge accepted

Quote Originally Posted by MoBlo View Post

Challenge accepted
    I love those signs because they are usually the road less travelled

Fat blokes bounce better

flipfly - Dec 2012

I do like those kinds of road......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Seems like the file size is too big as a .gdb

I can email it to anyone that's interested I suppose. Would be good to post it for opinions though.

Fat blokes bounce better

flipfly - Dec 2012

If you're still taking punters can you stick me down please flip

Quote Originally Posted by gr8roberto View Post
    If you're still taking punters can you stick me down please flip
    Everyone is welcome.

I will share the route with some fellow locals to put into their satnavs. That way if the group gets too big we can split up in to smaller groups

Fat blokes bounce better

flipfly - Dec 2012

Old enough to know better Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Fil
    email me the route and I'll bring my netbook so we can do downloads at Bill's

n e i l (at) g n (dash) racing (dot) co (dot) uk

Neil

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast