what glue to repair a brake pad ?

turnipbmw

Reaction score
the brake pad on my DRZ400 has come away from its backing.

got loads of meat left on it (1.5mm) so I'm going to glue it back on.

glued up a hole in the tyre of my old GSXR1000 with double bubble and it got me to Nurburgring, 15 laps and back so think I may try that.:thumb2

don't be so fecking stupid .

buy some new pads .

think about this .

why has it de-laminated ? because something doesn't want to be attached to something else .

therefore what you are trying to do is glue two things together , that do not want to be together , or at best you are glueing to something that is unstable .

i have had people come in here with pads held together with insulating tape .

if you are this stupid ......what sort of flowers shall we buy you ?

could you video this repair as tutorial?

and perhaps we need a new section for "interesting bodges"

carpet tape you know the really expensive stuff £3 a roll might work, it's proper sticky...

think about this .

why has it de-laminated ? because something doesn't want to be attached to something else .

therefore what you are trying to do is glue two things together , that do not want to be together , or at best you are glueing to something that is unstable .

i have had people come in here with pads held together with insulating tape .

if you are this stupid ......what sort of flowers shall we buy you ?

Perfectly reasonable

I'm going to try my staple gun, sounds like a good idea to get the pads to stick to the back plate

I've done 20k miles since I stripped the caliper bolts on one of the fork legs of my GS, I just used some extra thick zip ties
to hold the caliper on

Job's a good'un ever since:thumb2

This has to be a feckin' wind up .... no one could be so fucking stupid :blagblah

:beerjug:

the brake pad on my DRZ400 has come away from its backing.

got loads of meat left on it (1.5mm) so I'm going to glue it back on.

glued up a hole in the tyre of my old GSXR1000 with double bubble and it got me to Nurburgring, 15 laps and back so think I may try that.:thumb2

My wife swears by Blu Tac for repairing leaking pipes, give it a go. :thumb

My wife swears by Blu Tac for repairing leaking pipes, give it a go. :thumb

Well the guy next door to me bypassed his gas meter with rubber pipe and sealed with BluTac :eek:

Called Gas Board out for a M A S I V E smell of gas ... they used a sniffer and found it to be coming from the air bricks under his front door i.e. in his cellar

The idiot has since been 'moved on' :D

:beerjug:

Leave the front alone, just slide it in to corners on opposite lock.......

I completely understand the point of trying to save cash in these difficult times.

I have used wallpaper paste with great results in the past.

What can you lose?

Don't use the worn braking material, hardboard is lighter and will stick better

obvioulsy just relying on glue would be stupid and dangerous, so will go for the screw option as well.

I guess I will need to machine a groove in the disc so the heads dont rub :nenau

obvioulsy just relying on glue would be stupid and dangerous, so will go for the screw option as well.

I guess I will need to machine a groove in the disc so the heads dont rub :nenau

If the discs are 'drilled' then just line up the screw head with the holes in the discs then you wont have to recess them into the pad material.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom