Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suspension advice

No Problem, after that amount of miles they could do with a Birthday!!!

Have a great Xmas and happy new year!! roll on dry weather

Thanks FTR.

Hi

Sorry for being stupit, but could you advise on Sag for the GS1200 with lowered suspension?

Any help would be appreciated.

your welcome!!

Definately after 90,000 your suspension will need a birthday...

Merry Xmas and Happy new Year!

Hi,

depends on how much and how it has been lowered? have the standard shocks been lowered by installing a spacer? or maybe lowering springs?

can you give me more details on how it has been lowered.

Thanks
    FTR

Hi

The bike is the single cam 2009 model with factory lowered suspension

Front standard 190 mm lowered 158 mm
    Rear standard 200 mm lowered 171 mm

i hope this helps

Pat

Hi Pat

For your lowered version i would recommend 15-20mm static on the rear and 48-53mm Rider sag.
    For the front 30-35mm static.

Regards
    FTR Suspension

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    My question is how do i improve the suspension/handling of my 2010 GSA with ESA. Its now done 25000 miles and feels like its gone off a bit to be honest when i occasionally ride a mates bike. Is it worth an overall or are their Wilbers i should look at or being ESA is it only the expensive Ohlims? thanks
    Neil
    10 GSA
    HP2 Sport....
    06 GSA
    Ducati Sports Classic
    R1100S
    SV650
    CBR600
    GS1000S
    GT750 'kettle' x2!
    RD400
    400FOUR
    KH250
    FS1E....

Hi, Unfortunately there are not many ( if any ) that will take on servicing the ESA system. We used to be able to when we were the importers for WP because we could obtain the service parts but since KTM closed the WP factory they are not availble anymore.

It is becoming for common now especially between 20-25,000 miles that the ESA suspension starts showing signs of a decline in performance and the only way to improve the handling is to replace the system with a traditional non electronic set up. although Ohlins do produce a replacement Mechatronics system but it is expensive. but very good. If this is a direction for you then Wilbers, Ohlins, Hyper pro and Yacugar are all good options for repalcement aftermarket products. We are now replacing many of the ESA systems with non electronic suspension with great feed back and the customers are not missing the electronic options with the ESA.

Ohlins for xt660z

Hi
    This is for anyone in the know really
    Can anyone tell me the best price that I can an ohlins rear shock
    For my xt60z tenere. 2010 (not abs)
    New or used
    Thanks.

Hi, a new Ohlins starts at £490 for an emulsion unit with rebound damping and manual preload adjustment.
    Used prices will vary, if you can find one on the net as they are not a common shock.

Regards
    FTR Suspension

Thanks for reply
    No doubt they are an awesome shock but bit too
    Steep for me . Is there a certain shock I should be
    Searching for or a code, also is there another bike
    That shares the same shock that I could search for?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ftrsuspension View Post
    Hi, Unfortunately there are not many ( if any ) that will take on servicing the ESA system. We used to be able to when we were the importers for WP because we could obtain the service parts but since KTM closed the WP factory they are not availble anymore.

It is becoming for common now especially between 20-25,000 miles that the ESA suspension starts showing signs of a decline in performance and the only way to improve the handling is to replace the system with a traditional non electronic set up. although Ohlins do produce a replacement Mechatronics system but it is expensive. but very good. If this is a direction for you then Wilbers, Ohlins, Hyper pro and Yacugar are all good options for repalcement aftermarket products. We are now replacing many of the ESA systems with non electronic suspension with great feed back and the customers are not missing the electronic options with the ESA.

Very interesting point. The implications though are staggering for anyone contemplating a second-hand bike.

Quote Originally Posted by TENEREBOY View Post
    Thanks for reply
    No doubt they are an awesome shock but bit too
    Steep for me . Is there a certain shock I should be
    Searching for or a code, also is there another bike
    That shares the same shock that I could search for?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately these are the cheapest in the Ohlins range with there street line performance shocks so even one from another bike will be the same price.
    Ohlins is a high end product and do not try to be cheap because of there heritage.
    Yacugar produce the ERS emulsion shock built to your requirements for £358 inc vat. and has 5 year warranty!

My (ESA) bike had 32K on the clock but only 5K on the back shock because it was replaced under warranty.

Before its too late, I fancy having a Wilbers WESA and recouping some of the cost by selling the nearly new BMW ESA shock with its warranty provenance. The front is the original so wont be worth as much as the back.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post
    My (ESA) bike had 32K on the clock but only 5K on the back shock because it was replaced under warranty.

Before its too late, I fancy having a Wilbers WESA and recouping some of the cost by selling the nearly new BMW ESA shock with its warranty provenance. The front is the original so wont be worth as much as the back.

We are currently offering an exchange scheme for oem shocks which helps towards an aftermarket new shock.

http://www.ftrsuspension.co.uk/exchangescheme.htm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast