Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suspension advice

Just wondering if you guys work on wp 4860s? I want to slightly shorten a set and fit new progressive springs. I'm happy to fit the spring but have no idea if one can shorten these things at all. Thanks in advance,

Hi, With regards to your WP 4860 front forks we can shorten them which we have done on many occasions for customers that want them converted to SuperMoto.
    As long as yours are the regular MX length then we can be carry out this modification but if they are already shortened then we do not have springs to suit a shorter length.

Also to my knowledge there is not an option of progressive springs for 4860 front fork. We have only installed linear springs in these forks.

What bike are you fitting these forks into.

Regards
    FTR Suspension

Thanks for the reply... yes they are standard length... I want to fit them to a r80 g/s. Also, the linear springs are fine... I was just curious. I'll give you guys a ring at the end of the week to work out a few more details.

Many thanks.

Hi, Ok that will be great and we can discuss your requirements in more detail.

Regards
    FTR Suspension

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

suspension

Can anyone tell me if there is a manufactures warranty on the suspension.

Yes all manufacturers will have a warranty on suspension including aftermarket products.

hi FTR
    just a quick how to set up the sag on a gs would be good for a noob like me
    its a basic gs with no electric suspension
    cheers
    Martin

Hi, apologise for the delay as I have been away from the workshop.
    Basically put the bike on the centre stand and take a measurement from the wheel spindle (rear ) and the somewhere vertical on the rear of the bike frame,rear seat unit etc. on the front from the dust seal to the underside of the bottom clamp making sure the wheels are off the ground!!
    Then remove the bike from the stand and with someone holding the bike at the handle bars take the same measurements again and this will be your static sag. On a standard suspension they would be around 20-30mm rear and 30-40mm front approx.
    if you get stuck and you are local then pop down and we can show you how do check it.

thanks for that .... so how do i adjust it if needed ... oh i live in Australia now so cant pop in

which first, front or rear?

Hi,

My 1150GS needs new shocks and I have decided to get Wilbers, front and rear. But unfortunately cannot afford both at once. Which do you reccommend to replace first, front or rear?

Thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by b0mb3r View Post
    thanks for that .... so how do i adjust it if needed ... oh i live in Australia now so cant pop in
    Hi, you need to adjusts the spring preload to get the sag measurements, these will be the collars on the spring or in some cases the hydraulic adjuster which will be some type of knob on the side of the shock.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellOil View Post
    Hi,

My 1150GS needs new shocks and I have decided to get Wilbers, front and rear. But unfortunately cannot afford both at once. Which do you reccommend to replace first, front or rear?

Thanks

Steve
    Hi Steve I would recommend changing the rear first.

Regards
    FTR Suspension

R1100GS - where to start

I've just bought a '99 R1100GS with 34k miles and standard suspension, though I have no history with the bike.

The rear seems hard to me, but I'm not sure where to start adjusting things.

Front appears to be on the lowest spring preload and seems OK.

Rear, no idea how many clicks or whether/how to adjust the rebound.

I'm a lightweight 90Kg , rarely carry pillion, but do stuff the bike with camping gear occasionally.

Help appreciated

Hi guys,
    I have been trying to get a price to overhaul my F & R Ohlins on my 1150 GS from the sites listed on your website as service centers, but have only received one reply - the rest obviously do not need the work. Can you quote me for this work?

1150gs advice

Hi i have a gs1150. i want to know if i want to turn the shock absorber to hard do i turn the screw clockwise or anti clock wise. the screw appears to have "H" on the left and "S" on the right of a double sided arrow so without the book i dont know. Also if the suspension spring is set to high for travel with heavy panniers ect should the spring be hardened as well. Do they work together? basic questions I know but i havnt a manual and cant find it on google. cheers

Rebound damping can be adjusted. Soft setting is anti clockwise and hard setting is clockwise.

The spring preload can be increased by turning rotating the remote preload adjuster clockwise for a hard and high setting and anti clockwise for a low setting.
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast