CRF250L - any owners out there who can comment?

I occasionally rode reasonable distances with the wife on the back. I'm probably about 100kg with kit & she's probably about 55-60kg. The bike had absolutely no problem hauling both our asses around Istanbul's tranquil streets. We even carried the odd bit of luggage on the Nomadic rack. I wouldn't expect it to be comfortable after 30-45 minutes though as it was slightly cramped.

I am picking up my new 250L on Monday (can't wait!), and I would like to put a rear rack and handguards on it.

Anyone any advice on what to go for, please?

As far as the rack is concerned, I have seen some bikes with the tubular style ones - any idea where these come from?

Thanks in anticipation - Rob

My friend David is currently about to enter Mongolia on one. He loves it too!
Search for little rouge explores

I am picking up my new 250L on Monday (can't wait!), and I would like to put a rear rack and handguards on it.

Anyone any advice on what to go for, please?

As far as the rack is concerned, I have seen some bikes with the tubular style ones - any idea where these come from?

Thanks in anticipation - Rob

Hi Rob,

Great choice, you will love the CRF, I am never off mine, it is like being 17 again.

I bought a rear rack of ebay advertised as a H2C, but there doesn't appear to be any available currently. The sellers were motorbikeparts-uk and they were very good. They have other racks for the CRF for sale but they are a bit more expensive.

I added one of these to the rack too which is proving useful:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike...393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item338a105599

I haven't put handguards on but there are plenty around at low cost.

Good luck and enjoy.

I bought a new one of these for my son in law 2 months ago and he just loves it
its great off road and not too bad on
well worth the money and well built

Be careful with fitting a rear rack, this happened today on my 9 month old hire bike in Vietnam.
239eebc12a4b66b52bb68e2caaef9f18.jpg

melted indicator gave the game away
f8e3e12fece000028b31e8f2788ff79c.jpg

6e0d71153c435e6ecec26c9ff51a3972.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Most offroad handguards will fit, think I had Acerbis on mine. Also think the rear subframe was modified not long after launch to strengthen it :nenau That one in Nam probably had 6 or so locals sat on it at the same time :D

Be careful with fitting a rear rack, this happened today on my 9 month old hire bike in Vietnam.
239eebc12a4b66b52bb68e2caaef9f18.jpg

melted indicator gave the game away
f8e3e12fece000028b31e8f2788ff79c.jpg

6e0d71153c435e6ecec26c9ff51a3972.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Met Steph Jeavons on hers when I was in Bolivia last year . We met on the Salt Flats in Unni . Her rack / subframe has gone a few times but she's doing 60000 miles on it ! Seemed well made and was running sweet . No match for us Flat out on the Salt on our DR 650's:D:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom