CRF250L - any owners out there who can comment?

And the forks seal failure will be that mud has not been cleaned off the sliders so when dried will destroy seals on any bike's USD forks.......basics!!!

Or the chrome finish on the legs has been damaged. it doesn't take much to wreck a seal.

Greenlane bikes need xtra care .ie clean it
And check it more than a road bike

My ccm604 is 12 years old
No rust anywhere and no rusty pads
That said i have rode it in 10:blast

I think I have the Monday morn bike,it is cleaned after every ride,mate comes out with his but has had no probs with his,as you say unlucky is more like it

The other thing to remember is if that was a WRF or CRF X @ £7K + try taking it back after 4 months with the issues mentioned above, you would get told to feck orf.
It says something about the dealer and Honda that they are changing "consumables" under warranty on a bike that's been ridden "on the trails" :augie :D

Not put me off :thumb

Changed deallers and they are doing it under warranty , I'm not a fast rider,tend to take my time and be at the back,let's hope it does not break again

Taken a look at one, good value for money. However needs some money spending on it if you want to do some off roading. Suspension isn't very good, far too soft. Exhaust is large and heavy and needs replacing with something more light weight.
Most of the accessories seem to come from the states, that said I'm keen to get one later this year. Hopefully by then more accessories will be available in the UK.:blast

These bikes are awesome....great around town and mucho enjoyable off road. I'm no dirt bike pro but I can vouch for the little CRF being a great all rounder, especially for a 36 year old fat boy :D

Been on holiday in Ayvalik for the past couple of weeks and have had a hoot exploring!

hid4.jpg

m5bh.jpg

grh.JPG

I really fancy one of these and with advertised prices now under £3.5k it seems like very good value, my only doubt is the size of the bike as I'm just under 6' 2".

I have ridden one but it was a training day and my mind wasn't focused on comfort, I did find it awkward stood up ( not done that before other than stretching my legs ) to start with but it did seem to get better during the day - especially when I switched to a bike with handlebar risers.

So, if there any owners out there around my height how are you finding the bike in the longer term ?

Picked one up on Friday (first new to me bike since 1984!) - only 6 miles so far but intending to use it for the daily commute and a few gentle green lanes so let you know how it goes :)

Picked one up on Friday (first new to me bike since 1984!) - only 6 miles so far but intending to use it for the daily commute and a few gentle green lanes so let you know how it goes :)

Hope you got it on five Years interest free. Couldn't believe they (Honda) where offering it!

Picked up my CRF 250L yesterday this is my first new to me bike in 35 years as the time was getting on and i had loads of thing to do yesterday all i could do was ride it home :( but as the weather forcast was good for this morning i was up and out on it. only covered 55 miles but it has put a big grin on my face. The last time i rode a 250cc bike it was my Superdreem.
Here's a few pics i took this morning while i was out, sorry about the picture quality didn't discover i have a big splodge of shit on my lens untill i just uploaded them

I will be putting plenty more miles on the clock before winter sets in and will be booking the off road course with Skygod of this parish :thumb

Insuring

Had bike for couple of weeks now but only used to go back and forth to work. Made few additions - handlebar risers, heated grips, hand guards, sump guard and rack.

Only problem I have had is insuring it. When first week's free insurance from Honda ran out I rang up Carole Nash - bearing in mind I have two bikes (R1150GS and Bonneville) insured with them, am over 50, keep the bikes in a locked brick garage at the end of the garden, and last had a bike stolen 22 years ago - they refused to insure it. Eventually came back with offer of 3rd party cover for £88.
Searching on the internet everyone else seemed to have no problem insuring it, with best of £142 fully comp (with no no claims as all on other policy). In the end I cancelled the Carole Nash policy (£96 refund) and used the 9+ yrs no claims to insure all three bikes fully comp with Bikesure for £216.

Also booked day on 28th this month with Skygod - partly as have rather rashly entered the Exeter Trial in January!

They are great bikes guys. See you on the lanes soon I hope.:thumb2

Just bought one today got an offer on my Serow I couldn't refuse so the deal was done. Pick it up next week. Now to go hunting bling!

I love mine and I am insured with Carole Nash!
Lloyd.

Any UK suppliers of the yoshimura tail tidy, or others where I can keep the oem indicators? Sump guard suppliers and opinions?

Sump guard - bought an ABS plastic AXP one off fleabay, lighter than metal ones and less likely to rattle, simplicity to fit.

Sump guard looks good very pricey though. Found a yoshi supplier, Calsport so that's on order now. Onwards.......................................not even got the bike yet:)

Back
Top Bottom