CRF250L - any owners out there who can comment?

Funny old world innit.

While my bike was being serviced today, they lent me a red and white CRF250 and it really is a good bike. Filled the tank for less than a tenner, rode it all day, got it filthy dirty and muddy and rode it off road in some pretty shitty conditions. the tyres on it weren't even that bad on the roads either. it was quite comfortable for the limited amount of time it was ridden , but longer spells might not be too bad if I need to. Got to take it back tomorrow, but will be enquiring (seriously) about getting one. Oh yeah and I did clean it afterwards.

Insurance

Had bike for couple of weeks now but only used to go back and forth to work. Made few additions - handlebar risers, heated grips, hand guards, sump guard and rack.

Only problem I have had is insuring it. When first week's free insurance from Honda ran out I rang up Carole Nash - bearing in mind I have two bikes (R1150GS and Bonneville) insured with them, am over 50, keep the bikes in a locked brick garage at the end of the garden, and last had a bike stolen 22 years ago - they refused to insure it. Eventually came back with offer of 3rd party cover for £88.
Searching on the internet everyone else seemed to have no problem insuring it, with best of £142 fully comp (with no no claims as all on other policy). In the end I cancelled the Carole Nash policy (£96 refund) and used the 9+ yrs no claims to insure all three bikes fully comp with Bikesure for £216.

Also booked day on 28th this month with Skygod - partly as have rather rashly entered the Exeter Trial in January!

This is very strange. I insure with CN and have 3 bikes with them and no problems - except for having to beat them over the head at renewal time for a squeaky deal.
Perhaps its your post code.

They insure a '95 Guzzi 1100 Spt, 2009 1200ADV and a 54 plate XR650R, wooden garage, ground anchor (and 2 big dogs) for £208, I think. + Euro breakdown/recovery. That's with 18 yrs NCD mind and on Exmoor. I think you got a
numpty. Still, your premium isn't bad.

Fluff.

This is very strange. I insure with CN and have 3 bikes with them and no problems - except for having to beat them over the head at renewal time for a squeaky deal.
Perhaps its your post code.

Fluff.

Could be, but recently moved house, and car insurance has gone down!

Riding the CRF250L with Skygod

Will put longer report together later, but just got back from day out in Peak District riding one of Gary's CRF250Ls for the day. Three of us had a great day, practising a load of new skills and getting personal tuition and guidance from the man himself.

Can't recommend the training highly enough and I came away having learned a heck of a lot about myself and what these little bikes are capable of (including how well they crash when you take a very large puddle too fast and end up going over a bank and into a ditch, ho hum!) ::thumb2

I noticed in an earlier post you said you added bar risers, which ones did you use and how did you find them? Cheers

I noticed in an earlier post you said you added bar risers, which ones did you use and how did you find them? Cheers

Sorry, just seen this - I spent ages looking for some specifically for a CRF250L then found a few for sale on fleabay and realised they all appeared to be much the same, so bought some which looked like they would fit and they did! Look very much like the ones on the GS too - cant find where I got them from or remember what I paid for them but similar to these. When I did Skyrider's offroad course one of the bikes was fitted with slightly lower risers but it still seemed much better than the other two with the standard bars. I am fairly sure mine were 30mm which was about as much as the standard cables and wires would go to I reckon.

Pick one of these up tomorrow, hoping they are as good as everyone says, yanks seem to like em too.

Pick one of these up tomorrow, hoping they are as good as everyone says, yanks seem to like em too.
Yep they are, had mine a couple of months and got it proper dirty now, 13 teeth on the front a decent skid plate and away you go. Not going to break any speed records but niether are GS's, just all round fun

Hi guys was wondering if any one has had any clutch problems mine started slipping yesterday?

How many miles? Been used offroad much? Mine is only coming up to first service and all fine to date.

Seriously thinking of taking a punt on omne of these, whats the best price people have managed. What can I realistically expect to pick one up for ideally in the North of England, Leeds area

PM me with your deals if you'd rather not post

I've been googling away to try and find this deal with no luck. Where is this price still been offered? Cheers

Seriously thinking of taking a punt on omne of these, whats the best price people have managed. What can I realistically expect to pick one up for ideally in the North of England, Leeds area

PM me with your deals if you'd rather not post

Do a search on Autotrader.co.uk and it should come up with Padgett's in Batley - £3500

Nice one, thanks. Although Padgetts have about 10 prices up there for the same bike! I'll give them a bell tomorrow and see what they can do for me. Only 15 miles from me.

Sorted thanks, Padgetts looked after me. £3,495. Went for a look yesterday, picked it up this morning. So far, it's a great little bike, will know more one it's a few miles on it and I can wind it up a bit.

Must now resist the farkles!

Back
Top Bottom