CRF250L - any owners out there who can comment?

Sorted thanks, Padgetts looked after me. £3,495. Went for a look yesterday, picked it up this morning. So far, it's a great little bike, will know more one it's a few miles on it and I can wind it up a bit.

Must now resist the farkles![/QUOTE

Oh bloody hell, thought they had some con going on at that price, which is why I sent you in first,
Have a job in Dewsbury 1st full week of Jan, so looks like trip to Batley and £3495 out of pocket.
Enjoy...

Unfortunately I think you may be too late. They had 2 bikes left yesterday and I snaffled one of them. The other was earmarked to be their 2014 demo and had a SOLD tag hanging off it.

Also the £3,495 deal was a December special, I suspect to get the registration bonus in, in what I guess is normally a quiet month. I'm told the list price goes up on Jan 1st (was told this by 3 separate dealers) and the low rate finance finishes 31st December which is fact from the Honda UK site.

The last day they can register in December is 23rd apparently so unless you can get there Monday and prize the demo forom them and have an insurance certificate for tax and registration, I think you may have just saved £3.5K

All of the above could of course be salesman bollox, but I was happy with the deal. I didn't really need finance, but at £99 down and £100 a month, my money will make more sitting where it is.

Question to the other owners, what are "must have" bolt ons for these bikes, I'm not experienced offroad, but after the BMW ORS earlier in the year, I bought this to have a dabble without trashing my new GSA. I'm thinking Bash Plate and hand guards, followed by a slightly more fruity exhaust.

My bling list so far.......13 tooth front sprocket, Yoshimura rear light/number plate thingy, FMF PC4 with quiet insert, Proper sump guard, Acerbis hand guards, FMF power bomb down pipe, EJK fuel programmer and AC10 rear

Wanted list....... Folding gear lever and bar risers with pro taper or fat bars

Removed snorkel in air box, removed backfire screen from filter

Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you? would love to have a perv over your bling?

Anyone had first service done? Read somewhere that valve clearances are supposed to be checked but dealer seems to think not. Have been looking for manual to do own servicing but only found one on eBay for over a hundred dollars.

Anyone had first service done? Read somewhere that valve clearances are supposed to be checked but dealer seems to think not. Have been looking for manual to do own servicing but only found one on eBay for over a hundred dollars.

My service manual says Valves should be checked and adjusted if neccessary at the first 600 mile service

PM me if you want me to scan the service shedules for you.

Cheers Smuzzy, found the info now.

Just done 550 miles on mine since yesterday morning, including Exeter Trial - bike ran like clockwork and feels much better now had loosened up. Fact that went over three times more down to my inadequacies off-road and amount of rain that has fallen on sections rather than bike I think!

What tires are you using for trails? AC10s get mixed reviews for this little bike. Anyone using the factory fitted GRs?

What tires are you using for trails? AC10s get mixed reviews for this little bike. Anyone using the factory fitted GRs?

I would use MT21's Pirelli as it's quite a heavy bike and they have strong sidewalls so handle well on the road too

I have had not problems with the factory fitted tyres except in thick mud and wet grass which would probably do for anything - certainly fine until wear out when shall look at other options.

Bought 1

Hi all, just found this site. Im david on abr, Got a new CRF250L 3 wks ago, have farkled and got it very muddy off road in Thetford Forest. So far its a great replacement for my XT225, which has got to old for mud wet days.

How do you post pictures:nenau

Hi David - I have posted pictures by uploading them to photobucket account then copying the IMG code into the URL line you see when you click on the 'Insert image' button on the toolbar. Good luck with the CRF - done 1200 miles on mine now, use it every day and is great.

Hi all, just found this site. Im david on abr, Got a new CRF250L 3 wks ago, have farkled and got it very muddy off road in Thetford Forest. So far its a great replacement for my XT225, which has got to old for mud wet days.

You can only upload to here if you subscribe cheap and worthwhile
if not you need to do as stated publish elsewhere and link to here

Well 900 miles on mine so far, 2 offroad bimbles and it gets better every ride with the exception of the oem chain which I told them at the 1st service had tight links but they said it was ok (all roadwork at that point) it is now shot with 90% tight links. changed it for a non O ring Saturday and will drop original into dealer tomorrow

Mate of mine is running a trip out in Thailand Burma on a Fleet of CRF 250's and they are trouble free , they are being used hard to !!:thumby:

Best deal I can find today

Chester Honda...£3900

Anyone beat this...?

Or anyone know of newish, secondhand for sub £3k.... One on eBay done 500 miles....currently at £2750.!! But miles from me.....

Try Padgetts at Batley, think they are advertising on Bike Trader at £3,795

But is it worth £100 to travel over the hills to Gods Country :augie

Thanks

Try Padgetts at Batley, think they are advertising on Bike Trader at £3,795

But is it worth £100 to travel over the hills to Gods Country :augie

I'm at Brighouse once a month, so not a problem....I thought Wales was Gods country...!! :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom