CRF250L - any owners out there who can comment?

adyb

Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum bought one of these...if so, how are you getting on with it...just looking for a decent, reliable, lightweight green lane and local road toy?

I bought one virtually on the day you posted and I'm loving it so far.

I have used it on my local lanes in the Peak District, I ride to work in Sheffield on it, and I have done some motorway work on it.

My F650GS twin has only left the garage once in that time, and that's a bike I have done nearly 60,000 miles and love dearly.

The CRF is a lot lighter and more nimble on the trails and is just damn fun to ride. I have fitted a 13T sprocket which seems to work a lot better off road and still gives me a 80 mph on the road.

The gearbox is really slick, which is good because you do have to work the engine to get the most out of it. At low speeds off road it's much better than the BM and stays on course in ruts and over blocks etc.

I'm increasingly thinking of doing a big trip on it in favour of the 800. I've fitted a bash plate and Barkbusters, plus a folding gear lever, and Vision X Led lights.

I do get frustrated with the small tank which gives it a range of about 140 miles, but for green lanes its fine. I'll swap the tank when Acerbis get round to making one. Power delivery is very smooth and gentle if you ride that way, which I tend to off-road.

Hope this helps.

I bought one virtually on the day you posted and I'm loving it so far.

I have used it on my local lanes in the Peak District, I ride to work in Sheffield on it, and I have done some motorway work on it.

My F650GS twin has only left the garage once in that time, and that's a bike I have done nearly 60,000 miles and love dearly.

The CRF is a lot lighter and more nimble on the trails and is just damn fun to ride. I have fitted a 13T sprocket which seems to work a lot better off road and still gives me a 80 mph on the road.

The gearbox is really slick, which is good because you do have to work the engine to get the most out of it. At low speeds off road it's much better than the BM and stays on course in ruts and over blocks etc.

I'm increasingly thinking of doing a big trip on it in favour of the 800. I've fitted a bash plate and Barkbusters, plus a folding gear lever, and Vision X Led lights.

I do get frustrated with the small tank which gives it a range of about 140 miles, but for green lanes its fine. I'll swap the tank when Acerbis get round to making one. Power delivery is very smooth and gentle if you ride that way, which I tend to off-road.

Hope this helps.
Pretty compelling description :thumb2

Had a look on Youtube and found this:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jx1rlj2x0U8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Makes it look like a compelling choice of bike.

Has anyone on this forum bought one of these...if so, how are you getting on with it...just looking for a decent, reliable, lightweight green lane and local road toy?

TBM certainly liked it.

Over on advrider there's an owners thread on it that's currently up to 134 pages so that should give you plenty of feedback.

I road one the other day and totally fell in love with it.
I`m buying 3 for the off road training I do.
Great bikes!:thumb2

I`m sure they would go for a group buy, I`m happy to try and sort it out if there is enough interest?

I have to say I'm very tempted myself, and would probably have one if a sensible discount was available.

I had a close look at the one they have in Castle Honda (Castleford) on Friday, just they don't have one on demo yet :(.

Had a good chat with the sales/service guy as well, and he was very honest in his comments. He thought the suspension was generally too soft, but nothing that couldn't be sorted, amongst the info that is available on the www reviews.

Mate bought one for green laning says it is great for his level of experience. I thought they had sold all there stock and there was now a waiting list, not sure.

Rode one last month and thought for the money they are a great buy and as its the same donk as the CBR250 decent service intervals + standard warranty :thumb2

Send me a PM lads if you are interested in a group buy. I will start compiling a list and badgering dealers.
Gaz

Ok Lads, I have sent you all a PM with the deal. I need to move on this fairly quick so if you can let me know either way that would be great.

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom