New Year Breakfast at Cafe Hockley ~

The GCR want a piece of our turf and the council are in league with them...:cool:

You're wasting your time fighting that one. on one hand A fantastic oppourtunity for the nation to celebrate the age of steam with a one off national museum and on the other a group of aging allotment keepers trying to wangle a few quid out of the council for giving up their allotments. I've a great idea give the 100 jobs being created to the hippies (after much scrubbing and cleaning) so they can earn a living for a change :hide :proff :green gri

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20651102

Well, we had a great turn-out (about 20 bikes, plus Andres in the car), probably the best ever, and it was really good to see everyone :thumb2

Well, we had a great turn-out, probably the best ever, and it was really good to see everyone :thumb2

I agree - really enjoyed chatting to everyone

And having a full monty breakfast al fresco in January - 11 degrees & sunshine - can''t beat it :D

Have we a date for the next one so I can get it in the diary ?

Can we meet some where else or can someone assist me to the venue next meet
3 visits up to now and 3 times go wandering around Nottingham before finding the cafe
Nice City mind :blast :rob

...can someone assist me to the venue next meet 3 visits up to now and 3 times go wandering around Nottingham before finding the cafe...

You've got the best sat-nav (2610), what more do you need..? :D

Or to the 'Jam Cafe' across the road, where you can mix with the local Trustafarians :eek:

I was amazed how quiet it was around there for a Saturday morning ;)

A nice spot for sure :beerjug:

You're wasting your time fighting that one. on one hand A fantastic oppourtunity for the nation to celebrate the age of steam with a one off national museum and on the other a group of aging allotment keepers trying to wangle a few quid out of the council for giving up their allotments. I've a great idea give the 100 jobs being created to the hippies (after much scrubbing and cleaning) so they can earn a living for a change :hide :proff :green gri

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20651102

That's an awfully poor generalization and slur Rob, I thought you were better than that :augie

We are not 'fighting' this, we are just trying to get a fair deal. The GCR and Leicester. City Council are being very secretive about the whole thing and upsetting a lot of people (hippies and otherwise) with their cavalier attitude. Allotment land is protected by statute. LCC and GCR need to play nice. So far they're not :mad:

Great gathering and scran BTW :clap and the weather was particularly clement, Looking forward to the next one!

Cogs & Lisa

+1
Good to meet a few people and pick up some useful touring tips for this summer, thanx.
I noticed a wee cuttey taking pics of the bikes. Are they likely to be posted on here?

Here's some photos from my daughter Georgia (14), who's just started getting into Photography...

Attachments

• IMG_9327.jpg
    IMG_9327.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9329.jpg
    IMG_9329.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9333.jpg
    IMG_9333.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9334.jpg
    IMG_9334.jpg