Sunday 28th

GPS Routing

Just been going over the route for tomorrow, and have noticed a couple of areas where mapsource has slightly different ideas to me:D :D

So......... exercing my human interface perogative I have attached an amended route. Sorry it's a bit late and if you can't be bother to load ir don't woory they are only small areas of difference where we stay on a road rather than hopping round a back-double.

See you all tomorrow with the sun shinning high and bright.......
:beerjug:

Attachments

• sunday 281104 amended.gdb
    85 KB · Views: 32
Is it ok if me little bruvver tags along for a bit mister ?

No worries !!!!! why not bring that little ankle biter of yours on the back as well. We'll all try to be good - Honest:D

Won't we Rob?:hapybnce:

Sunday

See you all in the pissing down rain tomorrow then

me and PW are meeting in tesco's treforest at 7.55am to head to llandovery for breakfast :)

Cats & Dogs

Got up, SWMBO says Your Mad, woke the dog up :mad: walked a mile or so and it Hissed Down :( and still is. I'm off back to bed ;) Enjoy.

Rob. Arrived back in Carmarthen at 4.45 (Done 225 miles and believe it or not, I haven't seen a drop of rain all day, but the bike is still covered in shite from last nights wet roads. :rolleyes: Good turnout too - someone is bound to post a few photos later. Archeo, thanks again for the ear plugs. ;)

thanx

just want to say thank you to all you lovely people who welcomed me totally and who tollerated the slowest GS in the west lol
i had a fantastic time as did Hwmbo
thank you also for the encouragement, it was most appreciated and helped boost my confidence no end
thanx especially to cardiff and his lovely wife for looking out for me and showing me the ropes

nice to meet you all hope to do it again
and E.J any time mate

:D :p

Nice one Dennis ....

... thanks for organising this one, a memorable autumnal run thru Monmouth/Radnorshire ... some cracking roads and NO RAIN ...

I liked the road from Clyro to the A470 via Erwood over that rickety suspension bridge .... thanks Gerry

Here's a few of the crew at Clryro ... :thumb

Attachments

• clyro 480x360.jpg
    clyro 480x360.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 144
... and again, RESPECT to the guy on the streetfightered GSXR who showed us trail jockies a thing or two ...

Top day out.

Attachments

• tintern 640x480.jpg
    tintern 640x480.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 139
retroman said:
... and again, RESPECT to the guy on the streetfightered GSXR who showed us trail jockies a thing or two ...

Top day out.

Aye he must be rock hard not have been crying after sitting on that uncomfortable looking seat all day :D :D :D

Great day Dennis and excellent turn-out.

I'd post photos but along with the indicators my camera gave up the ghost as well.

Never mind a great day had by all.

Good Day

Good to see some new faces today,and some familiar ones;)
Thanks to whom ever ordered the weather-it was great,a little cold (for those without heated jackets...dear santa....) but at least it was dry:D
Sorry I had to peel off early today,got a bit of creeping to do as I'm off on a lads only booze cruise tomorrow:rolleyes:

Who was the Blue 1200GS owner who arrived at Abergavenny this morning with a "fault code" showing on his display panel?
Did he get it fixed? Don't remember seeing him/you after Aber :confused:

ha ha ha

retroman said:

Top day out.

my other half was on the streetfighter and had real great day out, and now he is paying for by aching all over lol
and he is also seriously considering getting one of the GSes he has major respect for them

thanx again great day out and great photos
:D :D :D :p

That was me, Humvee.

I filled up with petrol at Llandovery, and then stopped at the West End Cafe. When I fired it up again, it was showing that fault - and it still showed it after I shut down and restarted. It only cleared the second time I shut it down at Aber. I still don't know what it was bitching about!!

Nice to meet everybody today, however briefly; sorry I didn't continue to the really fun roads with you but my dodgy lower back was tightening up and threatening to go into spasms when I set off this morning - when it does that it renders strenuous tasks like standing up, walking, etc agonisingly impossible - and I didn't want to risk pushing it over the edge by spending all day on the bike.

As it happens, by the time I got back to Carmarthen it had loosened up nicely, so no doubt I should have come with you all anyway. The K12GT definitely seemed to make my back worse, the R12GS doesn't though. Perhaps it is even therapeutic :)

Ken, Glad to hear the back cleared, you really did miss out on a top day.

The route worked out well - Special thanks to Gerry for the last section - as usual I was a bit too ambitious with my plans for a final run across Eppynt into Brecon........

As has already been said really good to see some new faces riding out with the Wales Posse, but also good to ride with old friends.

It never fails to amaze me, after years of trying various bike clubs, not just how friendly and welcoming the GS club is, but what a great bunch of people. No fuss, no idiots, no show-offs, just great guys and girls to spend a day out with. To all of you -

Save of the day: must go to Steve G - only witnessed by myself and Jason (on the Streetfighter). Wet, slippery, downhill, blind right bend, adverse camber, Tin box turns off right across his front wheel. Heard the tyres scrabbling for grip, waited for the crunch. But somehow Steve emeged smiling !!!!! Well done.

Prat of the Day: The old codger who took a fancy to my left leg whilst we were all trying to get past the camper on the run back into Brecon. Sorry about his offside mirror. Even us oldies can be pushed a little to hard sometimes.
Road Rage? what Road Rage?:hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Yeah, that was a close shave. Never mind I live to ride another day!

Great route Dennis, many thanks.

Steve G

Back
Top Bottom