trip to Poland

mike6631

Reaction score
I'm considering a trip to Poland in May next year. SWMBO is attending a conference and the thought occurred that I could motor via Berlin to Warsaw. I have had a quick look at the previous threads which seem to mainly focus on insurance matters. Can anyone point me towards a more extensive report on a trip there which might cover some of the practical issues

Mike

Poland is in the EEC now so insurance is no problem:D

great place and great vodka:beer:

shite roads and you will really apreiciate the GS suspension over there.:D :D

There was an article in Bike magazine about 18 months ago where a guy drove on his CBR600 to Warsaw- I'll see if I still have it (doubtful) - he found it quite straightforward but I think it took him 3 days (1200 miles). You have a better bike to do it with than him!

When you get there you MUST go to the bar below which is my favourite there. The gate is to a tiny alley and the door to the club is down and 20 yards on the right. If the door isnt open you have to go back to the gate and find a tiny winsy button next to a tiny green light and press it. Even though it says only the cream get in, if you are British they will let you in even if they are full and turning Poles away.

And also check out http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/warsaw/en/ for info on the city. It describes Warsaw as "....The brothel flyers that clog up the drains, and the concrete bins filled with broken glass, are as much part of the city as the Bond girls and lounge bars. Always loud, vaguely seedy, and often glamorous, this is an addicitive town built on hardship and history. Enjoy it. "

The "Rough Guide To Poland" is quite good too.

---------------------------
Klubo Kawiarnia

A bacchanalian atmosphere prevails in what remains one of the premier nights out in the city. Filled with pictures of Lenin, wonky lampshades and eccentric bric-a-brac the Klubo crypt doubles as the home of every vice invented. Music runs from hip-hop to calmer midnight tunes, and the face police ensure only the cream of Warsaw's party scene get through the door.

8z³
Address : ul. Czackiego (first gate from ul. Œwiêtokrzyska)

Open daily :06:00-03:00
except:
Friday: 06:00-04:00
Saturday: 06:00-04:00

Back
Top Bottom