R.I.P. Roy at Southport Superbikes

Was Roy the elderly gent (but still apparently, a regular rider) who was an owner/part owner of Southport Superbikes?
Or am I getting him confused (Apologies to anyone if I’m mistaken)

Yes, that was Roy.

Roy R.I.P

So sorry to hear that sad news today at BMW Club meeting at Rixton. Knew Roy for many years - a true gentleman and typical Guardsman. He will be missed by all who knew him. Condolences to his family, Mike and staff at Southport Superbikes.

Scorpioted.

Sold me my GS which got me seriously back into biking and was a lovely fella to deal with. Really like the way that SS operates and he was a big part in setting their ethos. A huge and sad loss - RIP Roy.

Funeral details.

There will be a service at Leyland Road Methodist Church, Leyland Road, Southport, PR9 9JQ on Thursday 24th January at 2.15 pm followed by a celebration of his life at Meols Hall, Tithe Barn, Botanic Road, Southport PR9 7LZ for all who would like to attend and the cortege will be passing the showroom at approximately 2pm so all well wishers can join from there, shop will be open for coffee only from 1pm.

Roy was one of a kind, a true gentleman who always brought a ray of sunshine with him and I am sure we will all miss his kind, jovial manner here in the showroom. His presence was always warmly received by all who met him through any of his dealings and he will be greatly missed by not just his family but all that knew him.

Weather permitting, it would be a fitting tribute if you could attend on your bike.

Thanks
Steve

WIth you all in thought.

Up until 10mins ago I was coming up to the funeral to show my respect. Unfortunately I have just taken a call from my mother in law who is poorly and needs taking to the doctors. I am the only family member available so what can I do. Regards to all who do manage to make it, Roy was a really nice bloke, I will miss his banter as he used to try and twist my arm over the latest model which he new I needed.

Sorry to hear, got my bike from there last year and Roy was in the shop. Spent a while chatting away with and seemed like a top bloke. Judging by the many comments he'll be missed by lots of people.

Roy

Just had the news about Roy at SP SB..Shocked and sadened is my reaction as we all are.
He was a good freind and we will all miss him.
His family must be devastated and I would like to give my condolences.

Don't visit here very often so only just heard about Roys passing. Never really knew him but the first time we met was on a demo rideout many moons ago, based in the Lake District. I took an R80 RT (my dream bike then, even at the age of 23) and was sold on it so bought one, shortly after my old fella got one too, both from SSB. Roy was a gent and will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom