Ronno

Shit news :(
My thoughts are with you and your family Ronnie.

Chris

Many thanks for the messages folks. It's been a huge shock. Not so much that my mum has passed away as she was nearly 86 but just that we flew over here in an emergency due to my dad falling gravely ill ( he wasn't supposed to last the night and that was over a week ago) but were only here a day and my mum died suddenly. I'm still realing tbh but am grateful that I was over here and was with her when she passed away. My dad is a hibernating ox and is still with us over a week after he was given hours to live. I brought a black suit and tie with me (seriously) anticipating my dad's funeral and now I'm going to my mums on Wednesday.

My mum had a great life and was laughing and joking with me, Christine and my sister right up until an hour before she peacefully slipped away so I have so much to be grateful for. She'd a really wicked sense of humour did old Norah so she's probably just done us over again.

I've been touched by the feelings of genuine remorse that I've heard from so many people about my mum. She'll be sorely missed by more than just me.

Thanks again :beerjug:

My mum had a great life and was laughing and joking with me, Christine and my sister right up until an hour before she peacefully slipped away so I have so much to be grateful for. She'd a really wicked sense of humour did old Norah so she's probably just done us over again.

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Ronnie, that must have been a huge shock.

But, by gum, that's the way to go when your time's up. It sounds as though she had a long and fulfilled life, we can't ask for more than that.

I hope your Dad pulls through.

Best wishes to you and the family.

Bob.

A very strange but nice thing happened today. My dad is in a coma but has a block booking at a physiotherapists in Jockgrim. My sister thought it a good idea to call in and let the physio know about my dad so he could cancel and reallocate my dads appointments. I went to the premises and was told to ask for Thomas ( my old mans Physio).

My mum was Scottish and was born and lived in Blairgowrie.

Gerry Watts the author of this thread lives in Glenshee which is a few miles north of Blair.

My mums wishes are for her ashes to be scattered "up the Glen" so that she's returning home after living in Germany for the past thirty odd years.

I asked for Thomas and this guy shook my hand and asked how my dad was. He was wearing a Glenshee Mountain Rescue Scotland sweatshirt. I assumed that it was some kind of tribute to my mum and that my dad had given him the shirt after obtaining it from one of his many trips back to Blairgowrie. It turned out that Thomas hadn't heard about my mum's death and he'd not a clue where he'd got the sweatshirt from other than that it had no connection with my old man. He's never even been to Scotland.

I'm still scratching my head at this...:beerjug:

Hi Ronnie

Sorry to hear this sad news mate thoughts and prayers with you,
Christine and the family

Norrie

A very strange but nice thing happened today. My dad is in a coma but has a block booking at a physiotherapists in Jockgrim. My sister thought it a good idea to call in and let the physio know about my dad so he could cancel and reallocate my dads appointments. I went to the premises and was told to ask for Thomas ( my old mans Physio).

My mum was Scottish and was born and lived in Blairgowrie.

Gerry Watts the author of this thread lives in Glenshee which is a few miles north of Blair.

My mums wishes are for her ashes to be scattered "up the Glen" so that she's returning home after living in Germany for the past thirty odd years.

I asked for Thomas and this guy shook my hand and asked how my dad was. He was wearing a Glenshee Mountain Rescue Scotland sweatshirt. I assumed that it was some kind of tribute to my mum and that my dad had given him the shirt after obtaining it from one of his many trips back to Blairgowrie. It turned out that Thomas hadn't heard about my mum's death and he'd not a clue where he'd got the sweatshirt from other than that it had no connection with my old man. He's never even been to Scotland.

I'm still scratching my head at this...:beerjug:

Lovely tale, Ronno..................it was your Mum's wicked sense of humour as you mentioned in your earlier post, perhaps

They do look down on us, you did know that:comfort

Just back from the hospital. The old warrior is still battling on. Today is his 86 th birthday although he won't be doing much celebrating. I might though :beerjug:

Sorry to hear about your sad news there Ronnie.... I guess it comes to us all in time.

At least you managed to spend some quality time with Mum, as did the rest of the family, before she moved on.

.... My dad is a hibernating ox....
If his sense of humor is anything like yours, I can just see him now waking up in Spring saying "well that's another winter out of the way, pour me a" :beer:

Best wishes to yourself, Christine and the family :beerjug:

Just Seen this Ronnie I'd just like to add my condolences for your loss!

Best wishes to yer Da and hope that all goes well with him!

I'll Raise a Glass of Scottish whisky in a toast to yer Mam (and yer Dad) tonight!

"Rest In Peace and Sleep Well, Fair Lady!"

Thanks for the nice words folks. Just off out for a :beer:

My dad is now conscious but still weak as a kitten. The docs are really pleased with him. He's a bit tearful and confused but apparently, this is normal for folk just out of coma. When he saw me and Christine yesterday he was weepy but pleased to see us. He was also upset when I told him that mum was gone. I managed to hold it together doing that. However, when I then told him we were on our way to the airport to uplift my daughter Lynsey, he really cheered up. Then later, when he saw her, he'd a huge grin on his face. He can't talk due to a temporary tube into his throat but he was nodding and shaking his head so he was following what was said. Docs are fairly sure there's no brain damage which was a fear due to lack of oxygen when he collapsed into the coma two weeks ago. The doc also said that we should probably start preparing for him getting home in a few weeks. Hard to believe he's come this far from him being given hours to live a fortnight ago.

It's my mum's funeral today so I'm not looking forward to going in to see him afterwards. I'll just need to pretend to be as tough as my old man.

He was 86 on Sunday but was still semi comatose. I didn't manage to share a dram with him. Who knows, I might manage one yet though

Thanks again for all the kind messages and incredible offers of help :beerjug:

My dad is now conscious but still weak as a kitten. The docs are really pleased with him. He's a bit tearful and confused but apparently, this is normal for folk just out of coma. When he saw me and Christine yesterday he was weepy but pleased to see us. He was also upset when I told him that mum was gone. I managed to hold it together doing that. However, when I then told him we were on our way to the airport to uplift my daughter Lynsey, he really cheered up. Then later, when he saw her, he'd a huge grin on his face. He can't talk due to a temporary tube into his throat but he was nodding and shaking his head so he was following what was said. Docs are fairly sure there's no brain damage which was a fear due to lack of oxygen when he collapsed into the coma two weeks ago. The doc also said that we should probably start preparing for him getting home in a few weeks. Hard to believe he's come this far from him being given hours to live a fortnight ago.

It's my mum's funeral today so I'm not looking forward to going in to see him afterwards. I'll just need to pretend to be as tough as my old man.

He was 86 on Sunday but was still semi comatose. I didn't manage to share a dram with him. Who knows, I might manage one yet though

Thanks again for all the kind messages and incredible offers of help :beerjug:

Great news, Ronno

Some hope in what has been the most awful time for you and Christine

I'm afraid being down here there not much I could offer in the way of help so I can only echo what JB says...

Great news, Ronno

Some hope in what has been the most awful time for you and Christine

Thoughts and best wishes from a snowy SW of England to you and your family.

Take care.

.... The doc also said that we should probably start preparing for him getting home in a few weeks. Hard to believe he's come this far from him being given hours to live a fortnight ago....

What a great turn around.... they don't make them like they used to.

I'm sure there are mixed emotions going on there right now....

As others have said, our thoughts and best wishes to you all.

Back
Top Bottom