Ronno

sorry to hear the news...

Have a banana ...in the best possible taste. :thumb.

3641peeled_banana.jpg

I'm really sorry for you Ronno. If you need any help or whatever at this end, please let me know.

Many thanks Dave but luckily for me, my sister lives over there and is seeing to things.

I'll be in Jockgrim all next week, arriving this coming Saturday. If you're still working in the Bellheim area, it would be nice to meet up for a pint or a coffee. My old man's funeral looks like being on Monday so any day thereafter would suit me :beerjug:

Once again, thanks for all the kind messages, including Phil's banana :D. I had to laugh at Whatton's post. That is also one of my favourite memories. My old man did a power of swearing when he spoke English. He blamed that on being a POW over here when the first words he learned working on farms were swear words. He might have been telling the truth because he didn't use nearly as many profanitites when he spoke in German.

As Kev said in his post, we were having a couple of pints with my dad who was holding court. He enjoyed that. Kev, his son Callum and mate Jonty then headed off in Kev's van back down to the bier festival site for more drink. They tooted and waved as the drove past us and my old man waved back enthusiastically. I knew by his expression and body language that he had enjoyed their company greatly.

This was confirmed when he said, "Aye. They seem nice enough cunts." :D

His funeral service is on Monday so I'm driving over after work on Friday. He was actually cremated last night which is how things are done apparently in Germany. Completely private (no family members or public allowed). His ashes in the urn are then delivered to the church for what I suppose is actually a memorial service as in this case, there is no burial of ashes. He wanted his ashes scattered beside my mum's ashes up Glenshee, near Blairgowrie.

Scattering ashes isnt allowed in Germany so they have to be couriered between the undertaker over there and one in Scotland who can accept them and then hand them over to me.

I'll miss my old man greatly as will my wife and kids/grandchildren but after 32 years living in Germany, it'll be nice to have both him and my mum back here in Scotland.

Many thanks Dave but luckily for me, my sister lives over there and is seeing to things.

I'll be in Jockgrim all next week, arriving this coming Saturday. If you're still working in the Bellheim area, it would be nice to meet up for a pint or a coffee. My old man's funeral looks like being on Monday so any day thereafter would suit me :beerjug:

Glad to hear you're sorted!

We're off on holiday as from tomorrow (Bodensee) for one week, so I'll have to take a rain check this time. I hope you'll still be coming over from time to time in the future - one of these days we should find time for a beer/coffee.

I hope all goes well on Monday (that sounds a bit strange, but you know what I mean)

Take care and chin up!

My sincerest condolences to you and all your family Ronno. I don't know how I missed this thread but I selfishly came across it whilst trawling through a "Jockgrim" search in preparation for a trip next May. As has been said by all before, we are thinking of you and we will raise a glass to your whole clan this weekend. Chin up mate, take care :comfort

Sorry I missed this sad news Ronnie.
I'll raise a glass to you and yours tonight.

Sincerely
Chris

Back
Top Bottom