Altberg Boots

Sorry to resurrect this thread again, however having read it back , and forgetting I had commented, it’s 6 years ago since I first saw this thread and ordered a pair of Hogg light’s. Today whilst on base at Catterick I took them back for their first resole plus new orthopaedic footbed and 2mm increase in the toe box size . Not only that bugger and blast I also came away having ordered a custom made pair of clubman boots, that wasn’t entirely intentional. Might be me but as you get older you really start to appreciate quality products and for me to get a pair of boots that A) fit around the calves B) are fantastic quality and C) hand made in Yorkshire, puts a smile on mi face. The service in store was great, reality check is it may take up to 20 weeks for the new boots and 4 weeks for the refurbed ones, you know what that’s fine by me, it’s nice to see a small long established quality company keeping busy and staying in business, long may it continue. Never had any other bike boots Daytona or Alpinestar included that have either lasted that long or been able to be refurbished.

Gushing joyous outpour over, normal persona resumed

I dragged a few friends there back in May, ordered some boots hopefully will have them in the next month.

Bought a pair of Hoggs a few months ago. Absolutely love them, just need to see how they go in the 30+ heat in Europe next week.

My 25 year old pair of Clubmans leaked very slightly for the very first time a fortnight ago riding back up from Hull in 200 miles of biblical rain , think I should take them back and complain ?

May just have to use my Altberg Roadrunners for my next holiday instead and take the old ones in for a refurb over the winter .

Bought Daytonas in the past but went back to the Altbergs

My Altberg motorbike ("Clubman" IIRC) boots are at least 15 years old. Bought them at the Scottish Bike Show years back.

I've now used 2 pairs of their hillwalking boots (I do a lot of walking/climbing) - and they are also fantastic! I like a wide fitting, so can go down a half-shoe-size and get a more snug fit.

Whilst at the shop in Richmond last year, I mentioned that my 15 year old motorbike boots had one loose sole. Send them back they said! I did, and repaired free of charge! That's great service for a 15-year old boot!!!!

Great company.

Been using Altberg boots for 20 odd years now. Brilliant, and I'm lucky that off the shelf fits and I don't need custom made.

Back
Top Bottom