Oktoberfeast 2013

Well done for organising this again. Please put me on the reserve list for a bed. Otherwise I will camp, possibly indoors!

In fact a tent could be a blessing and save me from Jaws snoring and a little Cork cnut who stole the blankets.

... and Mide please don't let him serve vodka shots. My head hurt for a week.

great weekend last year count me in reserve list for bed if none then camping

I think it's safe to say all the bed spaces are gone. There are 16 beds and 34 coming so far, a few of you have said you will camp but that still doesn't free up any beds. Once I get a chance to organise everyone into beds some of you may find that your friends have a room that you can put an airbed down in but you'll need to ok that will them.
We are getting close to the limit for numbers so if anyone decides later in the year that they can't make it please let us know in case anyone else would like to come. :beerjug:

... and Mide please don't let him serve vodka shots. My head hurt for a week.

Here!!! That was nothing to do with me! I wasn't even there:rob
and as for trying to stop him doing something:rolleyes: your 'aving a giraffe!!!:pullface

I don't have a roster that far ahead, but in the meantime, put me down for a tent space... Should keep the anti snoring brigade happy. :augie

As much as we would like to take all comers to the event there has to be a limit to the amount attending due mainly to the space and of course how many the lovely Daisy & myself can cater for. The event is quite a long way off so a lot can happen between now & then eg. personal circumstances resulting in non attendance etc. Anyone else wishing to attend the Oktoberfeast can by all means put their name down here but we cannot guarantee there will be an available space.
There have already been a few who had wished for a bed as they were unable to camp and we have advised them that there is a very nice small hotel Hillyard House in Castlewellan (2 miles away) with secure parking who have agreed a special deal with us for the weekend at £20/night which we would arrange transportation to and from for the bbq and drinks after the ride out.
This could maybe be an alternative for anyone who doesn't want to miss out, please let us know if you would like to do this.
Otherwise just add your name and if any spaces become available we will update the thread and PM you.

Tom and Clare I am sure we can organise helpers to run breakfasts dinners and evening meals etc etc

So I'll have the hand up as a helper if needed!

You are a victim of your own success

(I love it when a plan comes together )

As long as everyone enjoys themselves that's all that matters :)

Tom and Clare I am sure we can organise helpers to run breakfasts dinners and evening meals etc etc

So I'll have the hand up as a helper if needed!

Thanks Jay, the food bit isn't a problem unless you want to beat them away from the bbq, I was getting lynched last year trying to get into the house :D

It's more catering for space we mean.

Ah now.. tell the truth Clare!! That's not what ye told me...you said "I was coming across the yard with the tray and "i was mobbed by a crowd of cute hoors, there were hands all over me ribs an me baps & burgers were manhandled in an instant, then I got the door open only to be confronted by yon big fella from South Armagh with his eye firmly on my kebabs and the Essex boy his eyes glinting from the Lithuanian vodka. :eek:.... Was thinking of a round cattle feeder this year with just me & the BBQ in the middle an I could feed them with a fork :D craic was mighty last year you lunatics made it :aidan

Thanks Míde :beerjug:

LOL Could be a taken a couple of ways

typos More space for catering i.e. Barbed wire fence and electric prongs

OR

Need more room fer the Noisy Hoors to keep them away form the quiet hoors!

What quiet hoors? They must have missed last year :friday

Nah we've sixteen beds and a little field, if we try and squeeze anymore in we'd need to move the sheep :aidan

Have tent, will travel, if a small portion of grass is available pleasy please :camping

Back
Top Bottom