Oktoberfeast 2013

Daisy Duke

Reaction score
Oktoberfeast - 20th-22nd September

We had such a great time last year that we've decided to do it all over again. We thought it would be better to get the longer evenings so have moved it forward a few weeks, but it still gives you all plenty of time to get in training for the bbq :D

The location is a fantastic spot in the Mourne Mountains, Co Down, a clachan of four 4-star self catering cottages, very traditional with excellent facilties. This year we only have three of the cottages as one is now kept for family use by the owners, the remaining three sleep 16 people altogether and will cost £20 per person per night, so it's up to you whether you want one night or two. This year will also have use of the side garden/field for tents at a nominal charge (a few £££), anyone camping will also have full access to a shower, bathroom, kitchen etc.

Each cottage has a mixture of double and single beds (bed will be arranged to suit).
All the cottages have fully equipped kitchens, traditional fireplaces with crook and crane, washing machine, fridge-freezer, oil central heating, colour TV and video, clothes drying facilities, garden, garden furniture, bath, showers, toilets.

We can get takeaway on the Friday night for those that will been there, there are pizzerias, kebab shops, chinese and indian takeaways all within a few miles and a great wee off licence with every strange beer and ale you can think of. Cars will be available to collect everything.

On the Saturday there will be a ride out around some of the most beautiful areas of County Down, through two AONB, along the coast and through forests and mountains. For those of you familiar with the area you know how spectacular it is. There will also be a stop for lunch probably in Carlingford depending on the route.

We have another feast of a bbq planned for the Saturday night and a couple of local trad musicians for a little background entertainment. The BBQ will be £10 each.

As the cottages are self catering you will have the facilties to make your own frys etc for breakfast if you wish, however we will make sure each cottage has milk, coffee, bread, butter etc to get you started. On the Sunday morning we will have sausages and eggs cooked for everyone so you can set off on a full stomach.

Hope you can make it, we'd such a fantastic time last year, it was a real laugh and was great to have good friends all together :aidan

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 817
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 828
I'm in, subject to getting the days off (single bed in the snoring section please) . Will check Monday.

:beerjug:

We're in please Clare:aidan

Double room please:thumb

Really looking forward to this as I missed last year's:bounce1:roll

IN.

i have a very special reason to do this.............

it would'nt be anything to do with "ate'in" would it? :D ..............

as you all know the emphasis is more on the social end of the scale, beautiful countryside/plenty of food & a good old fashioned piss up with the nicest of people :friday:::blagblah:D..... there will be NO tyre changing demos or the likes,but if you ply Kev with shots he does a cracking lobster dance (allegedly) & Mandy & Johanna may perform a bit of Riverdance if the conditions are right (enough wine\Gin\Coors Light :rolleyes:) ...oh & im sure it will be an opportunity to get some of the Northern Photo Rally points in..... :beerjug:

Excellent. :clap Great weekend last year.
Count me in. :thumb
In a house, preferably.
Don't care if I'm sharing with a snorer. It'll give me a reason to consume a few sleep-inducing beverages. :D

....if you ply Kev with shots he does a cracking lobster dance (allegedly)

It's a lobster song Tom!!! It upset many marine biologists at a convention many years ago:thumb2

That's a story worth hearing about too:D one Kev is happy to tell after a few :beer::beer::beer:

Hmm Should it be a Sept-O-ber fest then??

looking forward to it and being able to gave a swally and somewhere till get the head down without driving!

Keep me posted.

I'm the gatecrasher in the yellow suit in the photo. God willing, I will put in a better attendance to the coming event.
Myke

Count me in... I'll plan any holidays around it...:aidan

Fair play to yis lads.... I was planning to catch up on my SKY+ Box that weekend but that'll wait :) count me in!! :beerjug:

Cheers for heads up Dave!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom