Triumph Thruxton

30K, that's a lot of brass for a little car :)

30K, that's a lot of brass for a little car :)

With £15k for a GSA and £7.2k for a Thruxton nothing is cheap anymore

But until you drive a Morgan you will never know how much you want one :blast

But for now the Thruxton is a nice infill :cool:

I parked the Thruxton up on the local mainstreet a couple of days back after a spirited ride and it gathered a large crowd who just ignored the GSA 1200 and the 1150 GS parked nearby...........

It appears the Welsh are a discerning lot :rolleyes:

107867.jpg

107868.jpg

Can't see the point in that thing, all the disadvantages of a bike(wet/wind/weather) and none of the advantages of a bike

It looks truly horrible, a sort of modern copy at it's worst:blast

If I gave up bikes, I'd go the proper classic sports car route and not that fecking shoebox shitebox:barf

Can't see the point in that thing, all the disadvantages of a bike(wet/wind/weather) and none of the advantages of a bike

If I gave up bikes, I'd go the proper classic sports car route and not that fecking shoebox shitebox:barf

JB - will you stop sitting on the fence and say what you really mean :augie

Yes don't sit on the fence.

Did we not have a similar expression about the GS.

There are those who have never ridden a GS and know it's a load of rubbish and those who have and know its a great machine.

I have attended a Morgan open day and driven the 3-wheeler and the mighty +8. Not my cup of tea but huge fun.
The highlight of the day was meeting a development engineer from Hinckley out for a jolly with his dad. We talked plenty about bikes.

I have been flabbergasted by a ride in a K1200S-powered Grinnall Scorpion driven by the eponymous owner.

Enjoy the 3-wheeler and the new lady in your life.

I know, I know, an MX5 makes so much more sense... but I'd love one :D

Both actually... :)

I know, I know, an MX5 makes so much more sense... but I'd love one :D

Both actually... :)

See Here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrjlUCbzJko

MX5 is a hair dressers car :hide
But a good base for a kit car ( and I've built a few Kits in my time :rolleyes:)
see here:-
http://www.replicar.net/index.htm

We are all individuals with differing tastes and budgets which is a good thing:thumb2
I've had a fair few "Classic Cars" in my time and decided its time to stop "spannering" and get on with enjoying.

A few off my list I've owned/built & or restored & enjoyed:-
Austin seven (x2), Austin 10, Wolseley Eight, Wolseley Hornet, Hilman Imp, Mini's ( several). Morris minors , MkII Jag (x2), BSA Three wheeler V twin, MG Midget, Flat Nose Morris Cowley Tourer, Kit Cars, Ashley (x2), JZR Honda Threewheeler, GP Plastics VW /Porsche RS60 replica ...... just a few and there are more.
The bike list is endless!

Alas my health is the reason I'm giving up riding and "spannering".
As it says on the rear of my Landy " One life Live it!"
Cheers

Magwa

last update, Thruxton SOLD and I now have a 4+4 Morgan
I decided against a three wheeler as I can't get the dog in !
I'm keeping an old Montesa Cota to play with but have basically given up bikes now ;)
The KTM will be sold soon ( last modern bike)

Onward and upward

I had a 348, gone now thankfully and use a Fantic.

It was a pretty one though
P1000063-XL.jpg

I had a 348, gone now thankfully and use a Fantic.

It was a pretty one though
P1000063-XL.jpg

Nice mine is also a MR Replica ( I have a spare original tank cover to repaint with the embossed Maclcom Rathmell signature moulded in like your one)
Its just to have a play in my rear garden ( woods) !

Back
Top Bottom