Triple Black vs Rallye?

Personnally I would be embarrassed to own a bike described as a "Triple Black" - I mean this bike has a black tank, black seat, black engine, black beak, black tyres, black rims, black forks, black frame, we're up to a "8x black" already.

a TRIPLE BLACK is/was a Porsche convertible where the owner ticked black for the paint, interior and 'vert roof colour options. Nothing else is a "TB".

Rant over. Phew.

Silly name nothing to do with bikes, for that reason get the Rallye.

Tony

i love the Rallye.... in years to come a Rallye will be worth more then the TB for sure......

just look at history..

:thumb2

Who wants Black on Black and black bits added. Triple black or triple boring? Rallye is the one for me. Very cool and will age much better.

Triple black all the way .... The Rallye looks like a 80's shell suit ! :pullface

Black is the only colour to own

Red framed bikes should only be made by one factory and that's Ducati.
The white/silver /red framed GS just looks wrong ,and with so many for sale at the mo then I think buyers have woken up to how wrong it looks .
The triple black is a proper looking fast GS, I know as I have one and always get admiring comments when parked up by other BMW owners / motorcyclists. :augie
The TB is also ageless unlike the multicoloured rallye.

Red framed bikes should only be made by one factory and that's Ducati.
The white/silver /red framed GS just looks wrong ,and with so many for sale at the mo then I think buyers have woken up to how wrong it looks .
The triple black is a proper looking fast GS, I know as I have one and always get admiring comments when parked up by other BMW owners / motorcyclists. :augie
The TB is also ageless unlike the multicoloured rallye.

Agreed.:thumb:beerjug: Now, a triple black LC will be:drool:blast:D

I bought Gadget's triple black and love it but I'd swop it for a rallye tonight just love them have 2 dealers trying to locate one for me now !!

I bought Gadget's triple black and love it but I'd swop it for a rallye tonight just love them have 2 dealers trying to locate one for me now !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1200GS-Rallye-/261236373727?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3cd2e6b8df

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-120...otorcycles&hash=item20d1360539#ht_1143wt_1383

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-120...Motorcycles&hash=item19df205723#ht_982wt_1383

They are nice and seem to hold their value well. Theres nearly 220 R1200GS's on Ebay and only 3 Rally's. Nicest 1200 I think (except for the HP2 ;) ).

Really ? My Neighbour has one , 1300 miles all the extras , Akro / panniers top box tank bag and no bites at £11000 when he put it on e bay :nenau

Really ? My Neighbour has one , 1300 miles all the extras , Akro / panniers top box tank bag and no bites at £11000 when he put it on e bay :nenau

Exactly. They aren't as desirable as BMW thought.:blast £11k seems like a lot, when you consider that there's a new model out for not much more (for the base model).:rob

I still think they look like a tarts handbag.:D

Robbo can you give your neighbour my number 07984 223965 if its got all the bits premium, dynamic, ESA TPS ASC alarm etc ill have a go at that I'd buy it then sell the triple black
Thanks Rob

Andy thanks mate seen them 3 but looking for a fully loaded one with all the bits don't mind paying the right money for the right bike needs all the bits as above
12 plate or later circa 3k miles max

So if anyone sees anything please let me know
Thanks

Done it
Triple Black traded in, 12 plate Rallye bought got one under 1K miles with all the bells and whistles Premium and dynamic packs TPS, ASC Oil monitoring, etc etc everything the TBs got apart from the alarm, got a fantastic price for the TB from the dealer a lot better than I was expecting, being delivered next Friday
Now lets get in the garage and start stripping all the bits off the TB :thumb

Done it
Triple Black traded in, 12 plate Rallye bought got one under 1K miles with all the bells and whistles Premium and dynamic packs TPS, ASC Oil monitoring, etc etc everything the TBs got apart from the alarm, got a fantastic price for the TB from the dealer a lot better than I was expecting, being delivered next Friday
Now lets get in the garage and start stripping all the bits off the TB :thumb

Blimey you don't hang about !! My Neighbour is in Spain , sounds like a good deal :thumby:

I think the red frame looks great :D
Would def buy the rallye
Love the Motorsport colours

Back
Top Bottom