Cali' 3 air filter

It is the flat filter. :D

It was suggested on the Guzzi forum that K & N's can be fitted, thus avoiding the possible hassle of changing the standard filter. Bit wary of this, having filters hanging out in the rain. I've read a few times of it causing problems on various bikes.

I've run Guzzis with K&Ns and in all honesty have never had a problem with that.

I have though, had a similar issue as Cookie with softer springs (very slow fall in revs when rolling off the throttle at speed) so be careful. Oh, and Og has it spot on for removing the carbs although on my old Le Mans/T3 thing it was always the r/h carb that shot off...... :D

Andres

got K&Ns on my le mans. no issues at all except a very occasional flat spot as they are still jetted for the original bell mouths.

i've worked on loads of guzzis with K&Ns and they all run fine.

having said that, i'd be inclined to keep the airbox as i have on my convert. changing the filter is not exactly a common task.

Rob.............Electronic ignition, so there's no distributor in the way. :p

Rob................ Spotlights..................Bollocks. Although it's 8 years newer than my ex RT, and 45,000 less. Wiring looks more professional than on the RT as well, it's got proper fuses, not those ceramic things. The harness looks far superior as well. Plus, I had LED spots on the RT, although they would look out of place on the cali'.

It still has a distributer. Look behind the right hand cylinder. It's just a little smaller than the points one.

There's a blanking plate where the distributor would have been fitted.

Air filter replaced.:rob Access was a tad tight.:rolleyes:

Breather "mechanism" checked and OK.

Old filter didn't look too bad.:blast Still job done and it's peace of mind.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom