Honda CRF250L versus the rest (WR250R)

I had a good look at that honda again and based on what you just said buy the honda new everything 2 year warranty but you will have to spend a few quid extra in protection before you take off road also i dont think the wheels have a hole for rim locks!!

Well, at present I can have a new CRFL from the stealership for £3650 otr......and have a new bike, with a two year warranty.

There is also the option of a 2004 TTR showing 10,000 miles, uses a little oil, slightly bent risers, needs a bash plate but has a years MOT for £1200 from a known owner.....bears many battle scars but this is to be expected, and has also been geared down for better off road gearing, which caps the on road speed to around 50mph.

Head says go with the TTR and accept it needs a bit of work, but it will be a long flog to get to lanes and also for the odd bit of local road use, but it won't drop in price much.....it's just that I am no mechanic, so I could be regularly facing minor mechanical matters that need addressing...

heart says go new, I am not a full on rider on or off road, it will have a warranty, good battery, be straight and faster on road, I ply do light trails and never leave the ground !!!!

Today is ' make your mind up time' .........struggling.......old but well in budget bike which comes ith issues or brand new slightly over budget bike which will get scratched straight away......?

:confused:

The next step up is a more dedicated CRF or even a KTM 250 which can be had for around £6k, but there is no way this would get used enough to justify the price tag.....plus, it would have cost more than my road bike and that can't be right !!! Whichever way you look at the 250L, it ticks a lot of boxes......just hope it does fall to pieces within a few years or be found to have e been made from compromised parts in a few years when it has had a few 'used' reviews!!!!

On the Honda UK website now is listed two bikes that are heading in the direction. The CRF250XLR and the CRF450XLR.
An alternative to a KTM as a trail bike I wonder?
But I don't think Honda will stick with juseither the 250 machine in the OP or these 'converted' enduro machines. Something must be coming.......

Timpo.

On the Honda UK website now is listed two bikes that are heading in the direction. The CRF250XLR and the CRF450XLR.
An alternative to a KTM as a trail bike I wonder?
But I don't think Honda will stick with juseither the 250 machine in the OP or these 'converted' enduro machines. Something must be coming.......

Timpo.

Like this

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/offroad/#!/crf450x/

Miles Kingsport in Hull have one with 96mls at £3,600.

Steve

I've seen that ad' Steve....£3,695 with 96 miles. However our friend 'adyb' here says that he can get a new one for £3,650.....I know there's nothing in it, but it IS new and cheaper, plus one less name on the registration document.....Must say that I've not seen one anywhere at £3,650 (but I've not looked that hard) I just wondered if this was for real?.....:)

Hi...yes it's for real....

In the run up to Christmas I was offered one at this price as a special deal from a dealer I had purchased from previously. I then went to pidcocks in Nottingham for a test ride, and they would sell me the demo bike with 700 miles on it for just over £3k, (but due to issues with SWMBO it wasn't the right time) or they said they would match the deal previously offered.

Unfortunately, pidcocks are now no longer Honda agents so that opportunity has gone, but I did phone another dealer who said they would match the deal if I can deal this month, I have yet to take them up on the offer as I have still got SWMBO issues and am also grappling wether to have a used bike instead....

I have been asked not to broadcast the deal I am getting, and therefore cannot tell you who the dealer is......if and when I buy the bike I will do though......but I think if you went into any dealer with your cheque book out and wrote £3650 on one, they would take it !!!! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom