New Method of Bike Transport Around Europe

Thanks for the link, I like the look of the Bike frame, the GS screen might have to come off to allow stacking though.

bikeframe2.jpg

I'd be interested to see what the quotes are. It'd suit my wife to fly to S of France then get on the bike rather than ride pillion for 2 long days. I'd obviously join her and have a relaxing flight and cut out the slog...

I'd be interested in finding out where this is as it looks lovely... top photo.

ireland_tourism.jpg

I think it's Slea Head drive in Co Kerry Andy with the Skelligs in the background.

It's been a while since you've been over..............

I rang Peter this morning and he seems a sound enough chap.

The easy bit for me is that I can collect a crate in Dublin, take it up here, load the bike strap her securely and drop the crate back in Dublin for shipping.

Peter is coming back to me with a door-to-door price from Dublin to Milano, so I'll wait to see what he comes up with as I already have a Dublin to Prato price with another forwarder.

Its great to see new competition re this type of transport to Europe.

I have to admit, France was grand a few yrs ago, but Germany & Switzerland are where its at. Ive never experienced roads like them. France is just a country id cross now as quickly as possible.

Last year we used OVERLANDERS. I took the ducati so 1400kms on a duke with a 15 ltr tank was a little daunting. But i Found them great to deal with but not having to leave Dublin now will be a bonus. OVERLANDERS increased their price from 600 to 650 DUB-GERMANY return this yr.

It looks like both these companies may be around the same price.

Great to see, will definitely give the new guys a shot.

I got a quote for Dublin-Athens round trip, €1060 incl vat and insurance. Apparently they leave every fri.

Only prob is they want the bike 6 weeks before it arrives in Athens!

Took less than that to get our bikes to California. :eek

That's what I thought!! I'll send a mail and query it:)

Here's a copy of part of the email I got.

Freight Cost: Eur€1060 including vat and CMR insurance for a roundtrip.

Please Note:
Pre-notification required.
Departure every Friday, arrival Athens on the 11th of July, delivery received from you latest @ 11am 28th of May,
in order to make arrival on time for you.

Got a reply from Bjorn this morning, he made a mistake:blast it was the 28th of June, not May:thumb

€599 one way per bike from Athens to Dublin:thumb

That's not too bad really Mide.

He quoted me €400 for Dublin to Milan which I will probably take. I did have another quote from a different forwarder of €400 from Dublin to Prato (near Florence) but I would have to make my own pallet for the bike and get her delivered to Dublin which isn't a problem really.

On the face of it Prato seems handier but then I discovered that the only reasonably priced filghts go into Pisa on a Saturday. That means two nights in a hotel and then a train and taxi to get to the bike on Monday morning.

With the Milan option we leave Dublin at 7am on Monday morning and will be on the bike in Milan before noon local time. Same priced flights, no hotels and no trains, just a taxi from the airport to Lainate to get the GS. Sweet. :)

In the course of our e-mails he did say that the price from Dublin to Dusseldorf was €395 return. That's not bad. :thumb2

What a great service this is.

Mandy and I flew into Milan three weeks ago today collected the bike and headed off south. From the airport to sitting on the bike riding away was all achieved in under an hour and a half.

Based solely on our experience I can heartily recommend bike on board. :thumb2

What a great service this is.

Mandy and I flew into Milan three weeks ago today collected the bike and headed off south. From the airport to sitting on the bike riding away was all achieved in under an hour and a half.

Based solely on our experience I can heartily recommend bike on board. :thumb2

Thats good to know as it sounds expensive at first but time is money in both fuel, accomodation, food but most importantly you can go further afield too.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom